Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #1151
jeff0850
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
For those that got this statue, does it feel secure? Any concerns about leaning over time? I'm kinda disturbed that we never saw the engineering implemented. Maybe if someone had reason to destroy a defected unit, then we'd know for sure.
I have previously posted to this thread that I had to destroy my original defective statue. There is an approx 1/4 inch metal rod that runs up the entire leg to about 1.5 inches above the waist. The leg is very solid and I had to really hammer it hard and a lot to even get down to the rod.
jeff0850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:14 PM   #1152
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0850 View Post
I have previously posted to this thread that I had to destroy my original defective statue. There is a approx 1/4 inch metal rod that runs up the entire leg to about 1.5 inches above the waist. The leg is very solid and I had to really hammer it hard and a lot to even get down to the rod.
That's great to hear. Looks like sideshow went the extra mile to address any possible leaning issues with Flash. I just bought the Cable and Colossus PFs recently. This Flash PF is definitely next on my list.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:20 PM   #1153
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That's great to hear. Looks like sideshow went the extra mile to address any possible leaning issues with Flash. I just bought the Cable and Colossus PFs recently. This Flash PF is definitely next on my list.
I have this and the XM studios flash and while I like the base better from XM the sculpt on the Sideshow one is Phenomenal. I own the superman PF with brainiac and now the flash. Not many to go now for my JL collection.
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:31 AM   #1154
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
I have this and the XM studios flash and while I like the base better from XM the sculpt on the Sideshow one is Phenomenal. I own the superman PF with brainiac and now the flash. Not many to go now for my JL collection.
Yeah, both Flash pieces look good. I just need Flash and Martian Manhunter to complete my JL Big 7 PF lineup. Looking forward to adding the Flash PF to my collection soon.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:51 AM   #1155
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0850 View Post
I have previously posted to this thread that I had to destroy my original defective statue. There is an approx 1/4 inch metal rod that runs up the entire leg to about 1.5 inches above the waist. The leg is very solid and I had to really hammer it hard and a lot to even get down to the rod.
Thanks for the info. It's reassuring to hear.

Soon as I see a Reverse Flash, I'm going to cave on both pieces.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #1156
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, both Flash pieces look good. I just need Flash and Martian Manhunter to complete my JL Big 7 PF lineup. Looking forward to adding the Flash PF to my collection soon.
Hope we get a Martian Manhunter soon... then I’m done with the male DC characters unless they do a comic accurate Doomsday.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:36 PM   #1157
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Hope we get a Martian Manhunter soon... then I’m done with the male DC characters unless they do a comic accurate Doomsday.
Wish I could say the same. There's still a few more Bat villains I'd like to pick up for my collection.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:51 AM   #1158
rich005
Frackin!

Got my flash pf today. Couldn't be happier with him!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201001_184639.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	133633  
rich005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:23 AM   #1159
AC_808
Hercules

Congrats!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:00 AM   #1160
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Finally, Flash just trotted in, guess his compromised upright stance slowed him down due to wind resistance?

Really, a great sculpt, with great anatomy, movement, and paint, though a little more portrait shading is lacking. As for the "new" upright positioning? Simply a shame. Plainly stated, a Flash who is literally tearing up the road deserved to be preserved in the original horizontal stance, as Bel sculpted and intended. As is, the smirk makes little sense, giving the impression that he's skipping over street ruble instead of being the cause of it! And no silly arguments trying to justify the pose by comparing it to U.Bolt. Why silly? Because in the "real" world Flash would torch, roll, and smoke Bolt in any racing form, period. We are talking super heroes here folks! Besides, if SS can release a flipping-leaping Wolverine flying through the air, surely the bullet/missile stance could/should have been preserved for FLASH.

Still need more? If sports is a "game" of inches, sculpts in 1/4 scale are a "game" of millimetres. A slight change can make or break a statue's vibe. Still a keeper, but am ticked-off SS chickened-out for absolutely no reason other than to appease the "leaning" toward stupidity crowd. Sad.

P.S. And if SS continues with the nonsense of compromising sculpts based on overwhelmingly unfounded fears(%wise), then get ready for a soon to be back flipping brown wolverine.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote