Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 09-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
michaelgloch
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor just arrived & seriously pissed

Has anyone picked one of these up and been happy with it, because I have to say I was disappointed enough to the point I'm seriously considering shipping it back. The thing is made of styrofoam-of about the same quality that Sideshow ships some of their statues in. The first time I opened the box I thought I was looking at the packing material and not the actual item.

I might have paid $20 each for what I've got, not the $75 they're charging. This might actually be the most disappointed I've been in a final product in my entire collecting life-I mean styrofoam?That's just insulting.
michaelgloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

That's terrible. You should definetly return that. Nobody should pay $75 for a piece of styrofoam.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 AM   #3
michaelgloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
That's terrible. You should definetly return that. Nobody should pay $75 for a piece of styrofoam.
I know. It doesn't look half bad(sort of), but still it's just that you think that Sideshow would mention that it was made out of glorified packing material in the description. Those must be a few really expensive LEDs that light this thing up because the majority of it probably costs about 5 cents to make.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:10 AM   #4
michaelgloch

All I can say is, unless you're a major Iron Man fan who's desperate for a way to stack their figures up in a Hall of Armor form, skip this thing and wait five years for Sideshow to put this on for 80 percent off when they're desperate to clear it out of their warehouse.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

That is awful. Hot Toys likenesses are unsurpassed but so often there is a lack of quality with the materials used.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I can understand the use of styrofoam to reduce weight. But is should have been foam filling a vacuum form mold. Does plastic cost so much these days? For the majority of this item to be made it of styrofoam, it should have been clearly stated in the description so the consumer knows what they are getting.

If it's worth the price to you, send it back stating that the product was misrepresented or not properly described.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #7
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I decided when the first Hall of Armors sets were released that they simply were not worth to me the retail price of $150 CAD. At least, in the case of those original boxes, you could see they were quality pieces in terms of material, light features and design. These new sets, while considerably less expensive, seemed not to be even worth that lower price.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah I think there are two versions of these. The newer ones are cheaper. There is a youtube review of them and I was surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxFUL...ipCSBlzn72IowQ
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #9
michaelgloch

Started the return process, but they're still going to make me pay shipping both ways since the product wasn't actually damaged or defective which I'm not happy about.

Considering how misrepresented this crap was you'd think they would consider that damage enough.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #10
monel
Mephisto

post so pics
monel is offline   Reply With Quote