Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #201
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
They understand and the original Vader concept was much better, but Disney don´t allowed XM to use it.
I wasn't even referring to the 3 piece set as opposed to whatever they had before behind closed doors. What I'm referring to is that we SW collectors are a fickle bunch. We want as much detail as possible, but we want it in the right areas and at the right angles and lengths. We want blast marks in the right spot and we want paint jobs to show the character as we remember him/her on screen. And we remember very well. And if something doesn't look right, it never hurts to watch it again.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #202
Outer_Rim
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I really love the concept behind this set. An Anakin evolution set from an innocent child to a greedy Jedi and then an evil machine is something I would love to own, but the execution could be a lot better. Little Anakin looks OK at best, Vader doesn´t look right and Sith Anakin looks bad.
Outer_Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #203
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I wasn't even referring to the 3 piece set as opposed to whatever they had before behind closed doors. What I'm referring to is that we SW collectors are a fickle bunch. We want as much detail as possible, but we want it in the right areas and at the right angles and lengths. We want blast marks in the right spot and we want paint jobs to show the character as we remember him/her on screen. And we remember very well. And if something doesn't look right, it never hurts to watch it again.
Exactly. Star Wars collectors, as well as Terminator, Predator, Trek, Aliens etc. collectors, are looking more for accuracy in the sculpt compared to comic collectors, where idealization and/or artistic interpretation is not too much frowned upon (sometimes is even encouraged).
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #204
ambasah
Red Skull

at least the small edition size will mean they won't be stuck with a warehouse full of them.

I actually wish xm went with a full animated line in 1/4 with dynamic poses. sore of like the old gentle giant mini-statues. I would be buying.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #205
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
Exactly. Star Wars collectors, as well as Terminator, Predator, Trek, Aliens etc. collectors, are looking more for accuracy in the sculpt compared to comic collectors, where idealization and/or artistic interpretation is not too much frowned upon (sometimes is even encouraged).
Exactly. If you're trying to appeal to fans of the films, Star Wars isn't something you can just stylize. You can produce products based on already stylized themes like the Clone Wars, Rebels, or even comics, but you better be as accurate as possible to each respective theme. These are clearly based on the films, and they unfortunately fall way off the mark in that regard.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:59 PM   #206
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
This is why I would never touch SW or Aliens or Predator movie statues with a 10 foot pole.

Collectors are very fickle about it and I would be more than agitated at Lucas's long approval time frame.

I think XM should let this license go and focus on more creative properties or creative properties of popular licenses like what they are doing with the Predator and Alien statues.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #207
Sanitarium84
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Anyone have in hand photos of this set ?
Sanitarium84 is offline   Reply With Quote