Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2023, 06:42 PM   #1
AC_808
Hercules
 
AC_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14,658
Formula 1 Season 2023

Hi Folks!

Not sure how many Formula 1 fans we have here on this forum, but thought putting this thread out there just in case.

First Grand Prix was in Bahrain this past weekend. Red Bull looks strong and is the Team to beat again this year.

Aston Martin was the Team with the most surprises. With Alonso coming in P3.

Ferrari and Mercedes look to be on par, but may not have enough to overtake Red Bull. Dunno, maybe they can catch up by mid-season. We shall see.

Loving the season so far. Williams Racing looks like they made improvements. I hope they show more.

Next race is next week!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
Halcyon
Loki
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,585
Cool

Can't say that after only one race.
But yes, Red Bull did a good job. Nice to see many teams can/are fighting for the first three places.
Nice surprise Alonso succeeded in catching Hamilton and Sainz for third place.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:23 PM   #3
AC_808
Hercules
 
AC_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14,658
Yea, you’re right. It’s a long season …22 races left to go. Anything can happen. So we shall see how the teams do.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 05:33 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,777
Alonso did well! very well in the 1st race.
He was held up at one point. I wonder if the Aston Martin has what it takes to beat Red Bull ?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 09:39 AM   #5
AC_808
Hercules
 
AC_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14,658
Same question goes for Ferrari and Mercedes. Do they have what it takes to beat Red Bull?

Aston Martin made a huge improvement from last year with their car. And Alonso knows how to use it. But Verstappen and Perez are pretty fast in their Red Bull, too. So yea ...we shall see ...

Toto already admitted Mercedes doesn't have the correct package to beat Red Bull. If they are already changing their no side-pod design to something else, then can't wait to see what they got. How many races before they can catch up to Red Bull, tho?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 09:49 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Same question goes for Ferrari and Mercedes. Do they have what it takes to beat Red Bull?

Aston Martin made a huge improvement from last year with their car. And Alonso knows how to use it. But Verstappen and Perez are pretty fast in their Red Bull, too. So yea ...we shall see ...

Toto already admitted Mercedes doesn't have the correct package to beat Red Bull. If they are already changing their no side-pod design to something else, then can't wait to see what they got. How many races before they can catch up to Red Bull, tho?
Compared to Red Bull, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Mercedes appear to be in 4th place when it comes to performance. If one team can fix the issue, then it is Mercedes.

If the Alonso Aston Martin combo can keep delivering, and Red Bull has a couple of DNF's then who knows how the season could pan out.

For the moment Verstappen is favourite to win, unless he has a major crash.
I can see Verstappen crashing more than once during the season, as he likes to do battle.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:00 AM   #7
AC_808
Hercules
 
AC_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14,658
True. But that's only if there is someone that can battle with Max.

I'm hoping Sainz and/or Leclerc can still battle with Max. Even after that one DNF for Ferrari.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:10 AM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
True. But that's only if there is someone that can battle with Max.

I'm hoping Sainz and/or Leclerc can still battle with Max. Even after that one DNF for Ferrari.
I sense the Ferrari's lagging behind (again)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:09 PM   #9
Augen
Thunderbolts
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 10,504
I'd like to attend a race, I know a couple that went to Montreal and a guy that did Miami. The biggest thing it the ticket prices are on a whole other level from what I'm use to with sport.

After years of Mercedes-Benz and Hamilton it feels like now be in for a Red Bull and Verstappen era. There's a lot of excitement around aspects (these are insanely good drivers at speeds hard to comprehend), but who wins a race or championship for me rarely has surprises.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:41 PM   #10
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd like to attend a race, I know a couple that went to Montreal and a guy that did Miami. The biggest thing it the ticket prices are on a whole other level from what I'm use to with sport.

After years of Mercedes-Benz and Hamilton it feels like now be in for a Red Bull and Verstappen era. There's a lot of excitement around aspects (these are insanely good drivers at speeds hard to comprehend), but who wins a race or championship for me rarely has surprises.
I have only ever attended one F1 race. It was back when Hamilton and Button were team-mates at McLaren. Alonso was driving for Ferrari. The engines were loud, painfully loud. The weather was nice, and the track was Silverstone UK

A group of 4 of us attended. While we had a 3 day pass, we only attended for 2 days. Other the main F1 race and qualifying, there were others races happening, F2 and i recall seeing 911 Porsche's racing (one car left the track into a barrier).

To be honest, during the main F1 race i had no idea who was where. Like you say, the ticket's cost!
It was a good experience. I picked up a Lewis Hamilton McLaren Vodafone baseball-cap
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com