Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-31-2018, 02:11 PM   #61
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

So you misgender someone and Comicsgate acts like Fascists but clearly I'm the one out of it for stating it as such. Alright. Run along.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #62
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotwilight View Post
So you misgender someone and Comicsgate acts like Fascists but clearly I'm the one out of it for stating it as such. Alright. Run along.
The problem isn't "misgendering" mentally ill people. The problem is all the cowards who sit by silently while people like yourself with room temperature IQs destroy the comics industry.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #63
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
The problem isn't "misgendering" mentally ill people. The problem is all the cowards who sit by silently while people like yourself with room temperature IQs destroy the comics industry.
Not sure what got "destroyed". Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and Thor are still flagship white male characters at DC and Marvel.

Marvel's woes are purely self-created, what with the constant reboots/going back to #1, re-hashed crossovers (Civil War II), canceling Fantastic Four just to spite Fox, and generally poor writing across the board, no matter the demographics of the writers.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #64
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Not sure what got "destroyed". Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and Thor are still flagship white male characters at DC and Marvel.

Marvel's woes are purely self-created, what with the constant reboots/going back to #1, re-hashed crossovers (Civil War II), canceling Fantastic Four just to spite Fox, and generally poor writing across the board, no matter the demographics of the writers.
Why would you assume I mean they are destroying the industry with altering "white male" characters?
It always comes down to race or sex when there is no argument. Is it irony you brought that up? How about the nonsense the fact they have made males in general effeminate, the females overly masculine and not physically appealing or stories in general just plain poorly written? The art on most of the comics is also as lazy as the storytelling.
OR how about the pure disrespect on social media towards fans who've supported comics for many years? These people are spitting in the faces of their customers and saying "don't like it ...don't buy it".
That is not how you run a business, however they don't care about money and it's clearly obvious. When you live with three roomates in the city, sharing rent and food and you have no children you can afford to chastise people, you can afford to proselytize your social agenda or cram your identity politics down the throats of people and chase them away from buying your product until you collapse that market and move on like locusts. When you have people like Dan Slott ,Mags Vissagio, Aubrey Sitterson or Mark Waid or any other assc10wns who spend more time on twitter bashing fans turning away customers than writing or drawing you have a problem. And when the pitifully unedited, hastily drawn, sad excuse for writing... failing title doesn't sell just claim it's because of gender or race...the good old "go to".
Old 09-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #65
Gothamite
Phoenix

I'm aware of the history of your posts.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:40 PM   #66
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I'm aware of the history of your posts.
Changing the characters sex or race is a fraction of the problem I have with comics today. Even that certainly is not for the reason you think, although I'm sure you will say it is.
No. The real issue here is that lack of talent and incompetence along with a healthy measure of ignorance and arrogance have placed people into positions they don't belong in. Those people were placed there for the simple fact that they share the hive minded ideals of those hiring and are willing to do things for little pay and without question or threat of competition. Combine that with poor work ethic, their unbridled use of twitter and common hatred toward Capitalism,Americans, fan boys and family values..and you have a sure fire recipe for bankrupting an established and once successful market.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #67
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Are you just copy pasting Comicsgate's manifesto or?

I'll stick to one big lie Comicsgate loves to rally behind.

Because despite what Comicsgate might make you think...comic sales...have actually been going up/leveling off for the last few years at heights they haven't been in a long while.

Estimated OVERALL North American Market size, including both print and digital estimates by Comichron and ICV2.com

http://www.comichron.com/yearlycomicssales.html

2011 $715 million
2012 $805 million
2013 $870 million
2014 $935 million
2015 $1.03 billion
2016 $1.085 billion
2017 $1.015 billion

So if you want to argue about sales falling there's no evidence of that at all actually. They're possibly at the best they can actually be at this time.

The only argument they're sort of right about is the shops themselves are hurting since overall digital is slowly dwindling sales from comic stores away but not from the companies. But nothing Comicsgate does or sells would reverse that either.

In fact if you ever took the time to look one example that surprised even me was...Ironheart. I never particularly cared for her but she had the Ironman book for a fair while. Her sales and Tony's sales? Virtually indistinguishable.

So yes getting rid of Ironman and replacing him (even though he technically was still a cast member at the time) if anything showed there's literally no hurting it.

Folks are just too focused on the direct market which is becoming more and more meaningless. A bunch of books are literally selling like hot cakes in trades and digital (like Ms. Marvel who seems to be the biggest example) which you'd never realize from her books monthly sales.

As for lack of talent? That's entirely subjective. Comicsgate threw a FIT because Eve Ewing came on to Marvel to write Ironheart. I'll admit I don't know her much nor care for the book but she's a famous and accomplished writer. Comicsgate didn't care.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #68
Gothamite
Phoenix

Pyro, this sums up how intellectually lazy armitage's posts are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Combine that with poor work ethic, their unbridled use of twitter and common hatred toward Capitalism,Americans, fan boys and family values..and you have a sure fire recipe for bankrupting an established and once successful market.
It's the same complaint every generation has about younger people -- "they don't want to work, they don't have family values, America isn't what it used to be, blah, blah, blah."

armitage, I guarantee you, the Founding Fathers would be aghast by the life you have led.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #69
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Pyro, this sums up how intellectually lazy armitage's posts are:

It's the same complaint every generation has about younger people -- "they don't want to work, they don't have family values, America isn't what it used to be, blah, blah, blah."
I mean yeah essentially. That's every Comicsgator out there.

I see more inflammatory stuff from any one big honcho from Comicsgate DAILY that I see in the entirety of the sane side of comics probably yearly (if not more). They literally go around yelling and screaming that they don't want "SJW's" aka current readers to read their stuff.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:55 PM   #70
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I am proud of this forum. Here I thought the majority of you were like the trolls against comics gate! Good to see a lot of you just want to read good ole classic superhero comics and renounce the filth that Marvel continues to push to be the new standard of comics book reading.

I loved when female characters were just genuinely written as badasses. I miss when I didn't have to go 5 pages in a book and hear about how someone is coping with their sexuality.
What happened to the X-men dying for the 40th time and a new team of mutants takes over that are young and worried about being in college or if they are cool enough?
Where are the "Legends of the Batman" books that they used to make where they were just one off detective stories?
Maybe I am just growing out of comics in a way, but I sure hate the path that the industry seems to be going down with them.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote