Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-03-2016, 12:24 AM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

A friend of mine just told me about this game today, had no idea about it at all.....but have to say after seeing this trailer...oh this looks like a must have....

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ga...zero-dawn-ps4/

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/16...railer-e3-2015
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:38 AM   #2
Luminous
Cyclops

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...highlight=dawn
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:06 AM   #3
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Bit surprised this game hasn't received more attention on this forum, but I finished it recently and it was a phenomenal experience. The story and gameplay were great, and the visuals were especially stunning, from the lush and colorful world to the design and animation of the machine enemies. It did well in sales (3.4million+) and Sony has confirmed it will be a franchise from now on.

I am hoping more statues will be released, so far there is only the Aloy statue by Gentle Giant, and the Thunderjaw statue by Triforce. Both are average at best, hopefully a company like Prime 1 or F4F will pickup this IP and make a Stormbird statue.

Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I am looking forward to the DLC for this game.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #5
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I’ve been playing video games for nearly four decades. I took a chance on this game when I read the gushing reviews. It surpassed the hype. This game goes into my top 5. It was just brilliant on every level.

As much as I loved Uncharted 4, thinking at the time, what a fantastic game; playing, experiencing Zero Dawn blows Uncharted away. It makes Mass Effect Andromeda look downright amateurish. The only game I’ve played in the last year or so that had a shot at equaling the Zero Dawn experience was The Last Guardian, but the in-game player control was beyond horrific.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #6
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yea me too, the next week is gona be torture waiting for it to release! I heard its the only DLC planned so I hope it will be a big and long expansion, I'll play every side quest too just to extend the HZD experience longer!

Yes I agree, I knew going in this game was going to be good since the promotional material and reviews all indicated so. It exceeded my expectations and has become one of my favorite games this console generation, on par with my other favorite, Bloodborne. I played Uncharted 4 too, I felt it was a good game but definitely not as special as HZD. Have not played Andromeda yet but heard alot of bad things about it lol, and I will be playing Last Guardian next so I'll see how the controls are.

What's really amazing is they never downgraded the graphics since the first trailers in 2015 & 2016. They worked hard to maintain and improve upon it, unlike most other so-called AAA companies and their big games "E3 vs retail" debacles Eg. Ubisoft with Watchdogs (worst offender) and CDProjekt red with Witcher 3 (still an amazing game that made GOTY but it was significantly downgraded from earlier builds).
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:27 AM   #7
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The thing with The Last Guardian is the story, characters and settings are so compelling that the terrible player control was not enough to stop me from playing to conclusion.

Zero Dawn can definitely “ruin you” as it raises the bar for what you hope to get from that next game play experience.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #8
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm completely in the dark with this game, but 2 friends of mine who bought it had the same complaints. Too much hand holding, as in you have a button that literally highlights where you are supposed to go. The second being that side quests are very by the numbers and only have a handful of styles like "raid the camp" or "collect x y z items and bring them to me"

I was kinda on the fence until I heard that. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions since the combat does look pretty tight, but if the rest of the game consists of filler missions then I'll probably just skip it altogether.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #9
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Here are some of my past posts / thoughts on it from the other forum.

1) This game is a simple "shoot the enemies in the colored spots with the right colored weapon".
It is just that the "colors" in this game are covered with thousands and thousands of polygons.

Humans enemies are a joke. Must be there as an "easy mode" after dealing with crazy giant robots.
Aim...zoom/slow-mo...headshot...next...

Easiest strat I found for anything is...ropecast them down...puck away at them...then rope them down again...rinse and repeat.

Unless I am missing something, the weapons you get from the hunters lodge is nothing more than another way to get a version of a few shadow weapons.

2) As a sucker for robots, animation, and visual effects it was fun to play.
I probably could have done a lot more with traps, but I just ended up stacking damage on a hunter bow (due to ammo just being shards and wood and not wire also) and playing more like a methodical shooter.

Story started off meh / whatever for me, but was curious on HOW/WHY robots came to be grazing and herding like animals.
Story got better, rather than worse..and it did at least stitch everything together and answer those questions.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #10
Y3E
Gen 13

Great game. The graphics are beautiful and story is above par.
I'm playing "story" level and think is normal mode and primarily use bow and staff. From time to time will use the sling. I use these weapons with all enemy robots and just dodge, shoot and hit. With the human enemies, I just run and dodge and hit them with the staff.

I've had this game since it came out and only started it now, waiting for a 4K TV. Not sure how much better the graphics are on the regular PS4s but it is amazing on the Pro with 4K output.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote