Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #61
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Looks great! My minor quip is that the nails look more like golf pegs but I can understand why they are thicker than the art its based on.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #62
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I appreciate the design, but the nipples being peeled back...no thanks.

Is that what those are?
My eyes... MY EYES...
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #63
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I appreciate the design, but the nipples being pealed back...no thanks.
Holy Sh**. I had not realized that's what that was. I thought they were just more strapping. I just re-looked and I'm out. That's a no go for me. Which pains me because this is one of THE BEST sculpts, with the most original-art-true faces (minus the thickness of the nails/pins) and best paints on a Bishoujo. The detail is amazing (and horrifying, which I guess is the point).
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:18 PM   #64
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Holy Sh**. I had not realized that's what that was. I thought they were just more strapping. I just re-looked and I'm out. That's a no go for me. Which pains me because this is one of THE BEST sculpts, with the most original-art-true faces (minus the thickness of the nails/pins) and best paints on a Bishoujo. The detail is amazing (and horrifying, which I guess is the point).
Actually it's the skin that is peeled back and then pinned to the nipple. Which is in character if you have seen Hellraiser. Graphic..yes. But then again it is a character with pins in his(her) head.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #65
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
Actually it's the skin that is peeled back and then pinned to the nipple. Which is in character if you have seen Hellraiser. Graphic..yes. But then again it is a character with pins in his(her) head.
That's probably true and it's actually a pretty ingenious way of keeping with the no-nipple policy, but that's not sexy at all in my book. Not something I'd want to look at.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:22 PM   #66
qz33
Rescue

My initial reaction is the same as many of you here but I can get past it.
This will be one of the wildest statues if it actually gets produced.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #67
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Not sure why everyone is so put off by it. This IS a horror piece. And I'm sure most of you have seen the movies.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:50 PM   #68
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
Oh, no I get it, and separately, I am not by any means intending to insult other folk's interest in this piece. I know it's in the horror line, and it's honestly one of the truest to the character statues, from my understanding (I'm not a fan of horror films, Evil Dead notwithstanding, so I've not seen Hellraiser to know firsthand,) and one of, if not the, best quality bishoujos, I just can't bring myself to get her because of those certain aspects. More power to folks that like her, everyone likes different things, and everyone is weirded/grossed out by certain things, and I just can't overlook the face pins and nipples now. (I could have gotten past the other piercings and foot impalements, but not the other stuff, for me personally.)
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 AM   #69
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Damn. 90 bucks from a Japanese site. 100 buck Bishoujo are damn near here. And that will be it from me if they get there. That means BBTS will be 100+ right out of the gate.
Its up on BBTS now for $99.99 still a must have for me
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #70
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yea... I might grab this one if it drops to a more reasonable price, but the pins looking like golf tees and the ripped skin around her nipples just kinda takes away from what is, otherwise, a piece that I like very much.
The skin peel makes me uneasy, and I don't see that as a negative thing... horror is supposed to be disturbing, and I enjoy those elements in movies and video games... but weird, fetish-gore just isn't something I'm super eager to display on my shelves.
I still want her... just a lot less than I want other Bishoujos, at the moment.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote