Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #81
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Exactly because these things have no other purpose but perceptions, appearances, & feels especially in absence of any real actual reference.

If it looks small in person then well it is, no matter what the measure tape may say.
Even if that's not what she said, she definitely thinks it which is all that really matters.

Some people deciding to pay a few times over original still doesn't make it worth the money.
You've got a pretty fatalistic view of statue collectibles.

Can you imagine a company only showing you pictures and negating measurements metrics altogether? There justification would be like 'just go by the pics, it is what she said'. That company would not have a leg to stand on.

How big is the new IPhone 13?
Don't worry just go by the pics and she'll be right!
How heavy is it?
Don't worry about weight, she'll be right!

Measurement and accuracy is critical for replicas, that's why there called replicas. Go have a look on the Ledger joker threads and see how much debate goes on their all because of wanting an accurate Ledger joker.

I don't know many collectors (if any) that disregard measurement and dimensions as a crucial aspect and purely just go off by pics.

What's worth the money and what's not, is up to the market and laws of supply and demand. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Fact is, this thing sold out and it sold out quick.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:25 PM   #82
Vader
Ghost

do you think they will make a full statue of thanos?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:18 PM   #83
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
They already did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2DD9D6A8-6C1A-4776-8E8A-2CF54013B0C8.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	136274  
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:46 PM   #84
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
If your referring to a lifesize Avengers movie statue Thanos, you'd think not as they've taken two bites from the cherry. It's possible but unlikely.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:12 PM   #85
Vader
Ghost

to go with the iron man.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #86
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Guessing I am one of the few who likes this. I will post pics when it finally is in hand and maybe dispel some concerns. I N E V I T A B L E
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:24 AM   #87
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Guessing I am one of the few who likes this. I will post pics when it finally is in hand and maybe dispel some concerns. I N E V I T A B L E
I'm pretty confident the majority of marvel fan collectors like this, as it sold out like pan cakes. QS knows the upper market quite well and has delivered on multiple occasions with their busts.

The cost, and to a lesser extent, the real estate required to display it did deter a few and other collectors have the head bust so didn't really need this piece.

Only 99 in the world, congrats on landing this impressive piece and can't wait for the snaps when it arrives Dr Doom!
Old 02-02-2021, 02:58 AM   #88
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I'm pretty confident the majority of marvel fan collectors like this, as it sold out like pan cakes. QS knows the upper market quite well and has delivered on multiple occasions with their busts.

The cost, and to a lesser extent, the real estate required to display it did deter a few and other collectors have the head bust so didn't really need this piece.

Only 99 in the world, congrats on landing this impressive piece and can't wait for the snaps when it arrives Dr Doom!
Not sold out bro. Plenty still available worldwide. Spec Fiction has a bunch too.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:27 AM   #89
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Not sold out bro. Plenty still available worldwide. Spec Fiction has a bunch too.
Ah thanks for pointing this out, yes looks like there's still stock left.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:50 PM   #90
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post

Good points Dundee! I'll gladly show some snaps and field any questions on it when it finally arrives.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote