Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who Would win Magneto or Iron Man
Magneto 24 80.00%
Iron Man 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #91
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i find that list very hard to believe, what scientific stuff does Mags ever do? and i personally always feel Apocalypse is always way undersold on these lists, considering how long he's been alive and the level of tech he's had thousands of years to study and learn from
From Wiki

In addition to his powers, Magneto has many other skills. He is a genius with competence in various fields of advanced science, especially in genetic manipulation, particle physics, engineering, and other fields of technology. He has engineered advanced weaponry, space stations, superpowered humanoid lifeforms, devices that generate volcanoes and earthquakes, devices that block telepathy, and devices that can nullify all mutant powers except for his own. He has reconstructed computerized devices from memory. He is fluent in many human languages and once single-handedly deciphered the unknown language of a lost civilization.[78] He possesses extraordinary skill in "reading" the microexpressions on others' faces and sensing what they are thinking and feeling, whether they are lying, fearful, etc. a skill which he refers to as "taking your enemy's measure."[79] He also is a master strategist and tactician with extensive combat experience, and has often been successful in single-handed combat against entire groups of superhuman adversaries. He also has some military training in hand-to-hand combat and has been shown to be effective with his fists, but he prefers to use his powers when in combat situations.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #92
MrYac
Hercules

i still don't buy it, seems to me he just suffers from standard 50's "we can do anything we want because we're the bad guy and bad guys have to be able to do anything" syndrome. like in the old super friends cartoon where even Grundy would occasionaly engineer super weapons. just seems like BS that he'd be as smart as Stark let alone smarter
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #93
metfan923
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
i still don't buy it, seems to me he just suffers from standard 50's "we can do anything we want because we're the bad guy and bad guys have to be able to do anything" syndrome. like in the old super friends cartoon where even Grundy would occasionaly engineer super weapons. just seems like BS that he'd be as smart as Stark let alone smarter
i'd have to agree with you here.. i mean i've always seen magneto on the same page as xavier. Are they both VERY SMART men? yes, but i see them more as philosophers rather than the genius/scientist/inventor type...

but that's just my opinion, and have NOTHING to back that up..
metfan923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #94
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
I have to admit, I haven't followed any X-title for decades (except X-Factor, and recently "Wolverine and the X-men"), but I thought Magneto's space-station was build in the 90's, for example...
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #95
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-Vell View Post
I have to admit, I haven't followed any X-title for decades (except X-Factor, and recently "Wolverine and the X-men"), but I thought Magneto's space-station was build in the 90's, for example...
That was Cable's station first but it changed channels and got dished.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #96
zapped havok
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Just started reading the age of apocalypse omnibus and magneto shuts down someone by affecting the iron in the blood and stopping it flowing to the brain, does this not make him dangerous to 99% of the marvel universe.
zapped havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #97
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapped havok View Post
Just started reading the age of apocalypse omnibus and magneto shuts down someone by affecting the iron in the blood and stopping it flowing to the brain, does this not make him dangerous to 99% of the marvel universe.
but the same can be said of just about anybody with a real power in the comic world has an instant kill move that they COULD do on 99% of their respective worlds, hell why can't Tony just call down a missle or unibeam strike from one of the many deadly satalites he's got access to in orbit and nuke them while they brush their teeth
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #98
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
but the same can be said of just about anybody with a real power in the comic world has an instant kill move that they COULD do on 99% of their respective worlds, hell why can't Tony just call down a missle or unibeam strike from one of the many deadly satalites he's got access to in orbit and nuke them while they brush their teeth
I agree; and it is something I hate about the current gen of comics. They have made the characters so bloody powerful that the reasoning behind them NOT acting is no longer there. They need to tone them down so that the stories are compelling once again.

I get it, Hulk is strongest one there is and Wolverine can heal real fast, but what is the point if you can't tell compelling stories and actually feel the character is in jeopardy? This is the exact dynamic that killed Superman's popularity over the years.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #99
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hulk's been thrown one emotional defeat after another in recent years (some of which quite frankly "broke" him on some levels), and that's something he can't just "heal" from; brilliant tactic, on Greg Pak's part.

You have to find alternatives to physical damage if the guy can heal through anything short of walking around on the sun indefinitely.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #100
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I think this poll clearly illustrates that 24 people are wrong about Magneto vs Iron Man.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote