Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2024, 10:11 PM   #1701
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If I’m already on the waitlist, and stay on it, will I get another chance? Or should I get off the waitlist and join again to “reactivate” my chance?
I don't think it matters if you stay or "rejoin" the waitlist since they changed how the waitlist works a few years ago. Back in the day I believe they used a queue system, but now it just comes down to who gets the emails first and how quick you are to react and check out.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:29 PM   #1702
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I don't think it matters if you stay or "rejoin" the waitlist since they changed how the waitlist works a few years ago. Back in the day I believe they used a queue system, but now it just comes down to who gets the emails first and how quick you are to react and check out.
I don't think they followed a standard. Superman and Lois, I was given 24 hours window to purchase. Deadly nature, I waitlist probably on the first week it was waitlisted and never got notify to purchase. Feel almost like a roulette lol.
Yellowbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:41 PM   #1703
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Feel almost like a roulette lol.
I think that's exactly what it is, a random number of people get the notice and it's a mad scramble to check out...kind of like a weapon/supply drop in the Hunger Games
Old 04-16-2024, 11:44 PM   #1704
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Question about Waitlist alerts.

So I put myself on the waitlist for the Green Version. Didn?t think it had a chance in hell of converting, but it did. EXCEPT I missed the window to snag the piece (damn work).

If I?m already on the waitlist, and stay on it, will I get another chance? Or should I get off the waitlist and join again to ?reactivate? my chance?

And this question applies to anything I may jump on the waitlist for. I never had one convert so this is a whole new ballgame for me
The same exact thing happened to me with the flesh skinned insta-Ivy as well. It pissed me off beyond belief as I too got the conversion email and despite it said that I had up to 24 hours to purchase the piece, it wasn?t but 10-11 minutes or so that I went to put it in my cart to pay for it to have it be gone!!!

Ask the rest of the peeps here. It made me ‘another world’ angry.

I eventually let it go and came to peace with it and then to my happiness, ?Deadly Nature? was teased and released and was actually what I had preferred as the concept/design of Deadly Nature is much stronger in my opinion and once I realized I could display her up high floating in the back of my display floating, I fell in love with it even more. For me, Ivy is preferable in skin/flesh tone. I jumped on the skinned version and could not be happier. Her pose is awesome, her sculpt is incredibly detailed and the portrait is phenomenal!!! Love this piece.

Everything happens for a reason. For me it was to lose out on one to wait to have the opportunity for the better choice.

For you, it may be timing. Maybe at this moment, it?s not to happen right now but the right moment will reveal how it will turn out.

I would still keep my name on the waitlist.

Good things happen to good people!

It will happen.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:47 PM   #1705
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Ask the rest of the peeps here. It make me ?another world? angry.
Oh we know
Old 04-17-2024, 12:14 AM   #1706
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Oh we know
LOL!!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:53 AM   #1707
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Oh we know
Yeah, I've heard the story so many times, I could recite it from memory.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:05 AM   #1708
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Question about Waitlist alerts.

So I put myself on the waitlist for the Green Version. Didn?t think it had a chance in hell of converting, but it did. EXCEPT I missed the window to snag the piece (damn work).

If I?m already on the waitlist, and stay on it, will I get another chance? Or should I get off the waitlist and join again to ?reactivate? my chance?

And this question applies to anything I may jump on the waitlist for. I never had one convert so this is a whole new ballgame for me
Spoiler

This is so limited it may not matter either way but probably best to get on the waitlist with a different account or so I've heard from a little bird...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:25 AM   #1709
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I think that's exactly what it is, a random number of people get the notice and it's a mad scramble to check out...kind of like a weapon/supply drop in the Hunger Games

I remember several years ago when Sideshow just switched to this method. I called Sideshow Customer Service because I couldn't redeem my waitlist conversion. That's when I was told the new system will notify a group of people from the top of the que for one conversion. If there were 2 conversions, then 2 groups from the top of the que would be notified. And they work down the list as conversions occur.

I didn't get to redeem my conversion because someone in my group already had bought the item. So Sideshow does still pick people from the top of the que in a first come first serve basis, but in groups rather than as individuals. It's not as random as one might think. Your spot in the que still counts, I believe.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:30 AM   #1710
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I remember several years ago when Sideshow just switched to this method. I called Sideshow Customer Service because I couldn't redeem my waitlist conversion. That's when I was told the new system will notify a group of people from the top of the que for one conversion. If there were 2 conversions, then 2 groups from the top of the que would be notified. And they work down the list as conversions occur.

I didn't get to redeem my conversion because someone in my group already had bought the item. So Sideshow does still pick people from the top of the que in a first come first serve basis, but in groups rather than as individuals. It's not as random as one might think. Your spot in the que still counts, I believe.
Ah, that's interesting, good to know It'd be nice if their site gave such information.