Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-27-2019, 11:05 PM   #201
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
well im being charged $240 to ship hush batman, i contacted SS they gave me the usual "due to weight and size"
I was charged $200 to DE (2 pretty large boxes BTW). This is why I am in no way excited about Prime 1's gigantic bases anymore. You pay for that base one way or the other. I have the Hush Batman and I love it but man they could have shaved something off that base. I think P1 buyers better get used to $300 shipping or waiting months for economy shipping while still paying around $150.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:21 PM   #202
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I was charged $200 to DE (2 pretty large boxes BTW). This is why I am in no way excited about Prime 1's gigantic bases anymore. You pay for that base one way or the other. I have the Hush Batman and I love it but man they could have shaved something off that base. I think P1 buyers better get used to $300 shipping or waiting months for economy shipping while still paying around $150.
My point behind the question is if the shipping Sideshow is charging is accurate. It may very well be, but either Prime 1 is undercharging for their air shipping, or Sideshow is overcharging. I have trouble believing the charges for air shipping to the east coast of the U.S. from Japan is the same as ground shipping from California to the east coast.

Either one is overcharging or one is undercharging.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #203
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I have no issues waiting a few months longer to get a statue and I wouldn't really love p1 products as much as I do if they gave us those small sideshow like bases.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:58 AM   #204
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

anybody else order during the golden week sale at end of April? I ordered Two Face on 4/27 and order status still just says full amount paid. I know economy shipping can take 1-3 months but was really hoping it'd be closer to 1 month.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #205
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
anybody else order during the golden week sale at end of April? I ordered Two Face on 4/27 and order status still just says full amount paid. I know economy shipping can take 1-3 months but was really hoping it'd be closer to 1 month.
Yes, I ordered the AK Harley on 4/29 and mine also shows a status of "full amount paid". I emailed customer service last week and received this response...

Thank you for contacting us.

Usually it takes about 4-8 weeks after the last payment has been made.
We are sincerely sorry for making you wait.
Once the order is shipped you will get a message with a tracking number.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Prime 1 Studio

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #206
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Sideshow has significant discounts on shipping, the two 1/3 p1 boxes should cost $100-$120 total to east coast. But because the fallout with p1, ss is charging standard shipping rates for p1 statues as they no longer want you to buy p1 from them and has no incentive to give existing p1 orders their discounted shipping rates.

This is another reason I hate ss, they always try to screw you over after the fact, even when they don’t need to.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #207
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Considering DKIII Batman still doesn't ship for like ~8-10 months, I'm guessing I should probably just cancel and re-order from P1. The NRD I lose would probably be balanced out by the extra shipping cost anyway.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #208
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
It's not illegal to add on a handling fee.Plus there is no way to know what rates a shipping carrier is actually charging them.The rates aren't the same for every company either.Many tack on a percentage of the shipping into the item price to reduce the actual "shipping cost" amount that you pay for separately.

Going to a shipping carrier site and entering dimensions and weight, trying to guesstimate cost, won't tell you what rates they are actually getting and won't give you any accurate information.
It’s easy to figure out, just plug in your box weight and dimension to ups ground calculator - that’s your retail price.

Most small business who ships a few items a day gets 50% off retail with their ups accounts, I have that. Amazon gets about 80%+ off the retail rates I know because I also in their fba seller program that can use amazon rates to ship. Sideshow is probably in between my guess is around 65-75% off retail rates, they have huge volume.

They jacked up the shipping since last year significantly - a PF box now cost $50+ to east coast used to be $30, but ups didn’t increase their rates anywhere close to that much, like a few bucks only.

P1 shipping rates from sideshow per above posts just seem completely insane. $120 per box to east coast via ups ground? Laughable....
Old 05-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #209
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Sideshow has significant discounts on shipping, the two 1/3 p1 boxes should cost $100-$120 total to east coast. But because the fallout with p1, ss is charging standard shipping rates for p1 statues as they no longer want you to buy p1 from them and has no incentive to give existing p1 orders their discounted shipping rates.

This is another reason I hate ss, they always try to screw you over after the fact, even when they don’t need to.
Are we to believe they would rather let a large number of huge boxes sit in their warehouse?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #210
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Are we to believe they would rather let a large number of huge boxes sit in their warehouse?
What’s sitting in their warehouse? Those are sold preorders, they can charge whatever they want for shipping and you will pay for it and say thank you sir.