Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-06-2018, 03:56 AM   #1191
Ladybugy
Frackin!

There are two areas with glue. The waistline where torso meets tail and then near her hip fin at the back.

I'm a perfectionist kinda person, so I find it hard to judge whether I have ridiculously high expectations or whether others would also see a issue. Opinions much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20180906_085055.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	116901   Click image for larger version

Name:	_20180906_085117.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	116902  
Ladybugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:36 AM   #1192
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugy View Post
There are two areas with glue. The waistline where torso meets tail and then near her hip fin at the back.

I'm a perfectionist kinda person, so I find it hard to judge whether I have ridiculously high expectations or whether others would also see a issue. Opinions much appreciated!
Yeah I see it.
I'm also like you and quite the perfectionist when inspecting something (especially high priced items). Mine under very close scrutiny and good light revealed two small spots of residue. I have requested a new one and likewise considered the replacement may be the same or worse. At least you will have the option of keeping the better one.
I highly suspect if everyone scrutinised their figures hard enough they will find some minor issue. They just need to decide if that bothers them. If they can't even see it...even better!
The problem is...now that you have found it...you may find your eyes drawn to it and that will bother you.
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:22 AM   #1193
Ladybugy
Frackin!

Gokanma- yeah, it sucks! I've already contacted my retailer as the caudal fin piece had glue issues, so they've requested a replacement piece for that anyway.
Since then, I've spotted the issues above on her main body. Each time I look at the statue I seem to see something else *faceplam*. It's frustrating as the paint is so good. Who ever glued mine together got a bit carried away.
Do you know when you'll receive your replacement? Fingers crossed!
Old 09-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #1194
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but she appears to be waitlisted. I waited too long....makes me sad.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #1195
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah I see the white area your talking about it does seem minor but it is noticeable. If SS will send you a replacement I say go for it as I don't have any white on either of mine.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #1196
Ladybugy
Frackin!

Yeah, I haven't really seen any glue marks on any others. I'll contact the store and ask if I can exchange it. I appreciate the input, thanks folks.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #1197
Ladybugy
Frackin!

As a side note, I know this is the mermaid thread, but anyone here decided on whether they'll order the other pieces from the line? I really love the Alice.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #1198
Cbspock
Frackin!

Quote:
As a side note, I know this is the mermaid thread, but anyone here decided on whether they'll order the other pieces from the line? I really love the Alice.

I pre-ordered Alice after seeing the LM store exclusive, I also ordered the regular LM as well. Tinkerbell I will wait a little while on since I have Hot Toy figures on pre-order

-Chris
Cbspock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #1199
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I got both Tinkerbell and Alice on pre-order...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #1200
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I'm ordering every piece they make.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote