Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Zodach
The Herculoids

SDCC 2010

I know it's a long way off, but you can never start planning too early for Comic-Con. I have a few questions if anyone here can help.

1) What is the volunteer process like? I know you usually work a 3 hour shift for each day that you get a pass. Do single day volunteers have access to Preview night or do you have to volunteer all 4 days? Also, do volunteers have the chance to get in early or are they in line with the regular attendees?

2) Does anyone know of any dealers or vendors that may need help either setting up or running a booth in exchange for early entrance?

I was at Comic-Con in 2007 and I know how busy it can get. If there's a chance I can get in before regular attendees to see some of the convention floor, it would be well worth some extra work.
Zodach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.php
4 Day membership tickets are now on sale for $100 (with or without Preview Night).

With Preview Night will likely get sold out more quickly.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

bought my tickets yesterday thanks to a friend telling me about it. apparently they were originally going to only let those who purchased their tickets at the show this year have preview night next year. They must have changed their minds. Something to think about though is that there are two options that cost the same , one with preview night and one without. My buddy and I are wondering if they are only going to allow so many preview night four day passes due to what they told people who purchased their tickets at the show. Something to think about if your procrastinating about buying tickets for next year.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
Royd
Producer
Producer

Bought my 4 day pass (with Preview Night) today - woohoo!

No idea about volunteers and Preview Night - this is all they had at the website -

"Volunteering for Comic-Con is a great way to see the show for free by working a simple three-hour per day shift; the day you work is the day you get in for free.

Those who work all four days get the limited edition Comic-Con Volunteer T-shirt (the 2007 edition featured Superman Doomsday!). Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age."

Maybe worthwhile sending an e-mail to Comic-Con asking about how volunteers can access Preview Night? Best,

Royd
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

Having the tickets with Preview Night the same price as tickets without it is confusing a few of my friends who will be attending for the first time. Got a bunch of calls yesterday from people wondering which they should get. Personally, I know I'll be so wiped out by Sunday after the 4 regular days of the Con I don't see any need to attend Preview Night.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I ordered mine today and it will be my first SDCC. Boy is my wallet and savings account is going to be hurting after C2E2 and SDCC next year.

OD
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I ordered mine a few days ago. I should have ordered them at the show, but I got a little busy and didn't make it a priority. I figured I better buy now before I get left in the dust.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
lukabratzi
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

why on earth is it on a monday through thursday this year?

it's disgusting
lukabratzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Were the 4 day passes $100 last year?
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

wktf, kdawg and myself all have our passes...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote