Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-18-2024, 04:19 PM   #111
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Trust me for any visitors to a guy having that one on prominent display the statue is definitely making a statement.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:06 PM   #112
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
As stated by Ant - and again by Augen above, it's a different part of the lift. It's a natural expression there. None of your pics are reflective of that moment.
Oh come on Shoo, this is a statue of a video game character, not one of those hyper-realistic statues by JND. A little artistic license here to make the statue look more interesting wouldn't hurt PCS.

You don't need to defend them on their behalf unless you have some kind of obligation to this forum to do so that I am not aware of.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:20 PM   #113
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Oh come on Shoo, this is a statue of a video game character, not one of those hyper-realistic statues by JND. A little artistic license here to make the statue look more interesting wouldn't hurt PCS.

You don't need to defend them on their behalf unless you have some kind of obligation to this forum to do so that I am not aware of.
Maybe he just agrees with their stance? :P

Personally I'd think a grimace face would be nice but I wouldn't buy this statue anyway so I'm not the target audience :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:54 PM   #114
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:

I'm not defending anyone, I just don't understand you. I mean, you said:

Quote:
I accept his explanation although it sounds more like an excuse for a weak portrait.
First of all, how do you "accept" his explanation? So you graciously allow the man to explain himself?

If by "accept" you mean "understand", "consider" or even "acknowledge", how come you insist it "sounds like an excuse"? For if you did understand what Ant was saying, how come you immediately proceeded to post three pictures of different stages in the lift? Because that, to me, sounds like either his explanation went over your head or you simply chose to disregard it, in spite of having "accepted" it.

And we were not talking about artistic licenses here - you said there was a "sudden change in art direction", which I disagreed about. The way I see it, like I said, Chun-Li is just depicted as cuter, whereas Cammy looks like one of those more serious and focused characters... still in the realm of anime. So, no radical change in my opinion. And I appreciate not having every girl looking essentially the same, by the way..

So, again, I'm not defending anyone just because I disagree with your remarks. I'm not even getting this Cammy, but I happened to see Ant's reasoning (and pics!) and I thought it actually made sense, as dao mentioned. (And I can understand dao saying he'd prefer a grimace... as long as he doesn't talk about excuses being made. Which he's not.)

To sum up - you made a statement, I quoted what I thought was some relevant info and your reply disconcerted me.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:56 PM   #115
bamboo spear
Doh!

It's not nearly as "cheesecake" as a lot of other female statues out there. If anything, it's paying tribute to female strength, not just tits.
bamboo spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:58 PM   #116
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Strength doesn’t sell statues tho.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:16 PM   #117
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I'm not defending anyone, I just don't understand you.
Ah Shoo, you are thinking it too hard and taking it way too seriously for a little remark regarding a statue.

It's very simple. I accept his explanation because of those photos of lifters posted here. I give him the benefit of a doubt, basically.

However, it is a very reluctant acceptance because I highly suspect his explanation is nothing more than a last minute excuse to justify what appears to me an unsatisfactory headsculpt.

Besides, it is not like PCS will come up with a brand new headsculpt just because of my remark. So, I have no choice but to accept it even though I don't really want to.

Shoo, life is full of contradictions large and small. This is one of them albeit a tiny and trivial one. No need to trouble yourself and think too much of it.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:19 PM   #118
qz33
Doctor Doom

If she looked exasperated or strained it would be too hit or miss.
Even if they nailed a good portrait it would polarize buyers.

Blank stare is the safest bet.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 02:04 PM   #119
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Ah Shoo, you are thinking it too hard and taking it way too seriously for a little remark regarding a statue.
Correction: "for a disparaging remark regarding a statue". If you can't see how disrespectful it is, well...

Quote:
It's very simple. I accept his explanation because of those photos of lifters posted here. I give him the benefit of a doubt, basically.
And yet you didn't post any pic of a lifter in that stage with a struggling face. Which I'm not saying don't exist, but you certainly didn't even care to use to make your point - hence my dumbfounded reaction.

Sorry, that's me overthinking again.

Quote:
However, it is a very reluctant acceptance because I highly suspect his explanation is nothing more than a last minute excuse to justify what appears to me an unsatisfactory headsculpt.
Do you really think there is such a thing as that glaring a last minute behavior about this stuff? As if statues were done with a finger snap? Or was it, perhaps, just maybe, a meditated decision? Based on, I don't know, actual research, and the aim to sell what they perceived as an attractive face, too?

Because the only objective thing here is that you find it unsatisfactory, and it seems that your prejudice is making you imagine how things really went.

Quote:
Besides, it is not like PCS will come up with a brand new headsculpt just because of my remark. So, I have no choice but to accept it even though I don't really want to.
You do not "really want to accept" the quite logical, factual, simpler and less mean-spirited explanation about why a portrait is the way it is? Is that why you're guessing, from the comfort of your armchair, that it was all just a last minute excuse for what you consider a weak portrait?

Well then, unless they are forcing you to buy it, it doesn't matter whether you really accept it or not. Why struggle with it? It is not like PCS will come up with a brand new headsculpt for you, indeed. Embrace the acceptance.

Quote:
Shoo, life is full of contradictions large and small. This is one of them albeit a tiny and trivial one. No need to trouble yourself and think too much of it.
Please spare me the little grasshopper routine and head over to the thread about the just unveiled Alex Ross Superman statue which you have longed for for a long time. This way maybe we'll be able to put an end to this silly conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If she looked exasperated or strained it would be too hit or miss.
Even if they nailed a good portrait it would polarize buyers.

Blank stare is the safest bet.
Stop defending them for their last minute excuses.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 04:40 PM   #120
ChuChu Flamingo
Doh!

Good pose and everything on this figure but the face doesn't invoke cammy. Expression is fine though.
ChuChu Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote