Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
PaulE
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Someone stole my statue

Arrived home last Saturday and saw the box in front of our door ripped open and the statue inside was missing.

We were out of the country for the last couple of weeks due to a family emergency. According to the tracking information, the package arrived at Nov 1. We arrived Nov 6 so the package was sitting at our doorstep for 5 days.

What I don't understand is why didn't they just steal the whole box?

Now it gets better, somehow I hope. Yesterday I checked Craigslist and there is someone selling the same exact statue in the same area where I live. What are the chances? I already reported it to our local police to help me verify the serial number of the statue that guy is selling.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that I can get my statue back.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

Wow, that's nuts. For someone to have the balls to take the time to open the box up instead of simple take the whole box is just plain silly. For them to place the stolen object on Craig's list is just plain sillier.

I hope you get your statue back and the lock the sucker up!
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Keep us posted. This looks to be an interesting story. Hopefully it turns out positive.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

D@mn! Sorry to hear this happened.
I hope the seller is the guy on Craigslist and the cops bust his dumb@ss.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
D@mn! Sorry to hear this happened.
I hope the seller is the guy on Craigslist and the cops bust his dumb@ss.
AGREED!!!
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Do you have documentation on which number you got that corresponds to the number the guy on Craigslist is selling?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

i faced a similar situation and i would advise you differently before calling the police.

3-yrs ago, i owned a honda s2000, woke up one morning and the seats were stolen. i called the cops to report the incident but they didn't do much. Two days later, i looked up on craigslist "s2000" and saw two seats being sold for $250. Contacted them and met them. They scheduled the transaction at a Burger King only two lights from my house, but they thought I was a different buyer. I went ahead and paid them $250 and grabbed the two seats, no question asked. They were definitely my seats!!! So you would ask why?

The answer is pretty simple. They know where I live and I have kids. If I had the cops come with me that day, I guarantee revenge is not out of the question. I was dealing with young men (19-23 maybe), so for them to go through that effort for $250 bucks, that means they're capable of worst things for far less. In your case, they had the balls to sit and open your box, meaning they know your schedule. This was a thought out process meaning these people are capable of worst things. Sometimes you gotta take a loss to protect your family. I hope in your case, the person is not a career criminal and is just misguided.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Arrived home last Saturday and saw the box in front of our door ripped open and the statue inside was missing.

We were out of the country for the last couple of weeks due to a family emergency. According to the tracking information, the package arrived at Nov 1. We arrived Nov 6 so the package was sitting at our doorstep for 5 days.

What I don't understand is why didn't they just steal the whole box?

Now it gets better, somehow I hope. Yesterday I checked Craigslist and there is someone selling the same exact statue in the same area where I live. What are the chances? I already reported it to our local police to help me verify the serial number of the statue that guy is selling.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that I can get my statue back.
Sounds like USPS or UPS is gonna have to ante up for leaving a package without a sig. Sounds like a pretty tight case to me
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Me, i would go to these places and bring a few of my cousins and if i think or know its my item that was stolen i would be getting the cops involed. For the statue, if you know the number of it and have the info from the auction, cops can check the person selling on craigslist to see if it matches.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Sounds like USPS or UPS is gonna have to ante up for leaving a package without a sig. Sounds like a pretty tight case to me
i don't think this works if there is no request for signature delivery, right?. FEDEx drops off my packages by my front door all the time since I'm always at work during those times.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote