Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #411
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The gold is always going to be show accurate so I dont think its too bad.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #412
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
The gold is always going to be show accurate so I dont think its too bad.
I agree. The signature plate for people who bought the first EX is questionable (then again, these are show memorabilia, so I'm surprised there's even an edition that doesn't include the signature) but I appreciate when the re-releases aren't necessarily worse--which is always subjective--but stray away the original or a little less imaginative so as to keep the 1st desirable, like with the Joker & Harley Bombshells statue or the upcoming ArtFX Killing Joke re-release.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #413
dechirico7
The Flash

Well, I stopped buying from Yamato due to re-releases, same will happen here.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #414
built2shred
Phoenix

With Yamato you can just wait 6-12 months and then buy their statues for like 30%-50% off....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #415
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

These companies need to state if it's limited and show or tell the number. I believe Kotobukiya does the re-release thing as well.

I'm fine with open editions as long as you know it's an open edition and when they say it's closed then that's it. Current Sideshow statues are basically open editions until they take off the TBD.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #416
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
These companies need to state if it's limited and show or tell the number. I believe Kotobukiya does the re-release thing as well.

I'm fine with open editions as long as you know it's an open edition and when they say it's closed then that's it. Current Sideshow statues are basically open editions until they take off the TBD.
They did claim they were only taking pre-orders for the Emerald Edition for a specific limited time.

Granted, they didn't honor that, either, as it was still available looong after that.

SMH.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #417
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
They did claim they were only taking pre-orders for the Emerald Edition for a specific limited time.

Granted, they didn't honor that, either, as it was still available looong after that.

SMH.
I kind of remember they had a problem with the site or something like that. It always sucks when you pay more and a re-release happens though.

My rule, as with everything is buy low. That way you won't have to worry about re-releases, flippers, and stuff like that. It really works for stuff like Kotobukiya statues / figures. As soon as those sell out, they seem to really jump on popular characters. But when they are available, many times you can get them for almost half off. Amazon had the Ghost in the Shell Arise Motoko for around $70 a few months ago.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #418
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Yeah, this doesn't come off that well. I can't remember if the original signature version was numbered. I'm pretty sure my normal isn't numbered. The original still is the one to get though as I believe the cat was gold in the show. And will probably be a better contrast compared to the black cat version.
they aren't
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #419
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I kind of remember they had a problem with the site or something like that.
No, they simply extended the period a lot and even reopened the window later on. They were still accepting pre-orders almost three months later after leading us to believe it would only be up for a very limited time (which at the time they even made it seem it would only be a day or two).

And they only did so because they thought it hadn't garnered enough attention at the time and according to them many people claimed not knowing it even existed until they saw her at SDCC, as they admitted.

And now this.

Oh, well, at least I can't see them doing a variant for the Pfeiffer Catwoman, too. But you never know.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #420
Y3E
Gen 13

What shipping service provider does Tweeterhead use for international customers, specifically Canada? Thanks.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote