Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #71
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Pretty sure he will be since he had his armour on in Guardians. I wouldn't worry about the look of this maquette. I'm sure it's just to give us a different look at him.
Exactly what I'm thinking as well
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #72
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Why not wait to see the movie? A sigh might be justifiable if it isn't there at that point. Until then I don't see the point.

Not trying to single you out. Just wouldn't mind seeing a change with how fans approach these films. Too many jumping to conclusions before they've seen the final product. Spider-Man homecoming and all the uproar about Iron Man's presumptuous distraction from Spidey comes to mind.
I didn't jump to a conclusion. Note the question mark. It was an open ended question with a hope he has his traditional armor. And this is one fan who had no issue with Iron Man's role in the Spider-Man movie. I will wait to see the movie and I'm terribly excited for it.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #73
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Pretty sure he will be since he had his armour on in Guardians. I wouldn't worry about the look of this maquette. I'm sure it's just to give us a different look at him.
I'm hoping you're right. His armor is such a cool look for him and more dramatic than without it, even when he's seen like this in the comic books, just IMHO.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #74
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I didn't jump to a conclusion. Note the question mark. It was an open ended question with a hope he has his traditional armor. And this is one fan who had no issue with Iron Man's role in the Spider-Man movie. I will wait to see the movie and I'm terribly excited for it.
The sigh seemed to indicate you were already disappointed. As if you already knew the answer to your own question. Anyway, I have no doubt we'll see Thanos in the armor we've seen in GotG. Seeing these maquettes added a nice sense of immediacy for the film. I think the designs look great.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #75
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
The sigh seemed to indicate you were already disappointed. As if you already knew the answer to your own question. Anyway, I have no doubt we'll see Thanos in the armor we've seen in GotG. Seeing these maquettes added a nice sense of immediacy for the film. I think the designs look great.
You read too much into the sigh. I'm sorry not to see him in his armor with this maquette, but that's it. I always reserve jusdgment about a film until I see it. But I still have opinions about any previews, be they trailers of maquettes like this, for what they are.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #76
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
You read too much into the sigh. I'm sorry not to see him in his armor with this maquette, but that's it. I always reserve jusdgment about a film until I see it. But I still have opinions about any previews, be they trailers of maquettes like this, for what they are.
Wait, so now your sigh was just an opinion of the maquette? What happened the "open ended question/hope" of seeing the armor in the film? Why would you need to express a hope of seeing the armor in the film if you were simply criticizing the maquette. Very confusing.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #77
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wait, so now your sigh was just an opinion of the maquette? What happened the "open ended question/hope" of seeing the armor in the film? Why would you need to express a hope of seeing the armor in the film if you were simply criticizing the maquette. Very confusing.
It's getting rather tiring see you pick on Joes posts. Everything appears to be put under the microscope in an effort to catch him out, If you don't like what he has to say why not simply put him on your ignore list. I've found Joe to be one of the nicest guys to post on here and in person. As a long time poster you should know better. It's petty.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #78
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
saw a picture of what looks like to be an ebony maw and black dwarf maquettes as well as that thanos - STOKED!!!!!

Who's that huge dude on the right?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #79
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It's getting rather tiring see you pick on Joes posts. Everything appears to be put under the microscope in an effort to catch him out, If you don't like what he has to say why not simply put him on your ignore list. I've found Joe to be one of the nicest guys to post on here and in person. As a long time poster you should know better. It's petty.
I had a point to make with my first comment. I wasn't seeking him out. It was a valid remark about this communities tendency to jump to conclusions before we see the final product. Wktf just happened to provide another example of that and I commented. He wants to back pedal instead of owning up to it then I am going to point out the inconsistencies with his statements. Not because I get some sort of kick out of it but because his follow comments to mine do exactly whats happening now. They make it seem like I am simply attempting to be argumentative. It's a damned if I do and damned if I don't situation. I say nothing following his rebutal essentially stating I am creating an issue out of nothing and that's how it looks. I continue to question his comments and someone will eventually jump to his defense. Sorry, I'd rather continue point out the flaws in someone's argument than remain silent after an inconsistent statement makes me look the fool.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #80
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Thanos from Infinity War at D23 Expo
What's this? His battle outfit?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote