Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #81
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
What's this? His battle outfit?
If I had to guess this is what he looks like on his home planet/moon of Titan before he sets out on his journey to appease Death.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #82
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
If I had to guess this is what he looks like on his home planet/moon of Titan before he sets out on his journey to appease Death.
Could be. I can't wait for this.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #83
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Could be. I can't wait for this.
Yeah, just hopeful speculation on my part. Would be very surprised and maybe even a little dissapointed if this was his final look.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #84
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I'm not sure why ppl are not ok with the look. We've seen Thanos decked out in his armor already. He will bring it back. This is a nice raw look at what Thanos looks like and I'm loving it.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #85
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
If I had to guess this is what he looks like on his home planet/moon of Titan before he sets out on his journey to appease Hela.
Fixed that for you

I wasn't a fan of them sacrificing so much of Spider-man's core in service of the MCU but in, what I assume, will be the case here I think it will be the smart play.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:05 PM   #86
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I'm not sure why ppl are not ok with the look. We've seen Thanos decked out in his armor already. He will bring it back. This is a nice raw look at what Thanos looks like and I'm loving it.
To be clear I have no problem with the look of the maquette. Just so long as that isn't his only look. Dude needs his usual war mongering duds afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Fixed that for you
Thanks.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #87
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wait, so now your sigh was just an opinion of the maquette? What happened the "open ended question/hope" of seeing the armor in the film? Why would you need to express a hope of seeing the armor in the film if you were simply criticizing the maquette. Very confusing.
Yes, the sigh was in reaction to the photo of the maquette which is what my post was responding to.

The open ended question was just my concern about not seeing Thanos in his armor since this is what we were shown. I'm not concluding that we won't from this photo, just hoping we won't and the question was just a rhetorical question.

I'm not backpedalling on anything but I do agree with Robert/Bullseye that despite your continuing to say you're not calling me out you do seem to keep doing this. And it is getting tiring. In my time on this forum I've done nothing but advocate for open, honest, civil exchange of ideas and opinions yet you seem to think I'm backpeddaling with some other type of agenda.

So, just to be clear:

- I'm disappointed that this teaser image for the movie doesn't show Thanos in his headgear/armor.

- I hope we see him in his headgear/armor in the movie.

- My open-ended question was just rhetorical and hopeful (that we'd see him in his armor) since no one but the people making the movie know the answer for sure, and this image shows him in other garb.

That's it, really.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:52 PM   #88
Luminous
Cyclops

If you say so, wktf. I won't argue with your clear and concise explanation but I would still suggest you consider your phrasing and sentence structure more carefully before posting. Because no matter what you say was your meaning or your intention your original comment says otherwise. Again, not saying what your currently describing isn't true but that your original comment paints a different picture. It wasn't just me who noticed. A couple of others attempted to reassure you this wouldn't be his final look. Why would they do that if they thought you were only commenting on the statue and not his look for the film? Because it seemed you were concerned about the look on film.

I know how my comments seem and that's why I try my best to be as clear as possible. I don't usually comment on opinions I agree with. Me agreeing adds nothing to a conversation. But I see something I question then I engage for the sake of further discussion. Unfortunately that is usually interpreted as being argumentative and combative. I assure you, I have no personal qualms with you. We simply seem to disagree on some things or there is usually some form of miscommunication. The only thing I am guilty of is having a difficulty with letting things go. A problem to be sure but it's nothing malicious.

Last edited by Luminous; 07-17-2017 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Grammar. Typing on phone.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:52 AM   #89
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I always consider phrasing and sentence structure. You've called me out on referencing my education so, in this case, I won't reference that I achieved honors status as an English Lit major in college (and, in case it's lost here, that's an attempt at humor).

Of course I'm concerned about his look for the film. That's why I said "I hope we see him in his armor/headgear in the movie." But I'm excited for the film and will hope for the best. And, as always, will reserve judgment until after I see it.

If what I meant as a rhetorical question was too obtuse, okay then. To your point about others' attempts to reassure me, you're correct, they did. That was kind of them.

Since you're offering me advice about sentence structure and phrasing, I'll offer you some as well. Try not to come off as so combative and hostile. As Bullseye noted, it's tiring and feels petty. Take it in the spirit it's offered.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:12 AM   #90
Luminous
Cyclops

Not sure what spirit that is. To me it seemed presumptuous and accusatory. I don't exactly blame him. Like I said, I know how my posts seem sometimes. Which is why I explained my intent as clearly as I could and took little offense to his comments.