Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #1281
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If the lip stick is the only thing bothering you, it's not that hard to change, a lip smack of paint and done.

I like the final interpretation way better then the original concept render; mainly because I love the portrait.

Dejah face here is saying "I am Queen, don't F**k with me." I doubt Sideshow would have been able to pull that look off, with a younger face.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #1282
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
What generic white woman looks like Dejah Thoris?

Show me, for research purposes.
My bad. Here is the missing term: comics
Comics generic white woman...

As I doubt that this ( poor) answer is enough for you, and in order to avoid you wasting time in vain researches, I explain:
First: I don't use the term "generic" in an offensive way. I myself have drawn a ton of generic characters.
You can find lots of heroines in comics with exactly the same features; rather square jaw, straight nose, arched eyebrows.
With the features of Dejah’s face, you could also propose very convincing Poison Ivy or Catwoman for example.
The same can happen for male characters.
This artistic "mimetic" didn't start today. You can find it on Greco-Roman sculptures or paintings from the 15th century. Nothing reprehensible then. But, and I repeat myself, in the case of Dejah, I clearly preferred the more eastern - and original- structure of the original portrait which didn't give me the impression of seeing a 3D - and generic!- heroine of comics.
Matter of taste. That’s all. My mood is probably more conducive to a oriental-martian reverie.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #1283
AC_808
Hercules

Interesting conversation here....

For me, this piece turned out great. Might just have to get this one.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #1284
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
If the lip stick is the only thing bothering you, it's not that hard to change, a lip smack of paint and done.

I like the final interpretation way better then the original concept render; mainly because I love the portrait.

Dejah face here is saying "I am Queen, don't F**k with me." I doubt Sideshow would have been able to pull that look off, with a younger face.
You know I might actually try that, I'm not sure which paint color would be the best for a natural lip color, but it might be worth a shot, and I agree that the statue does have great presence about it, I think me and French Cancan are simply saying we liked the more exotic look better, I still like the statue though
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:57 AM   #1285
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Dejah is on my wishlist. I’m hoping since the ES is 2000 she will be available for awhile after release.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #1286
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Dejah is on my wishlist. I’m hoping since the ES is 2000 she will be available for awhile after release.
It will

Its on my wish list too

I am not falling into that Almost Gone or Join waitlist schemes anymore....last time I fell for that on Jean Grey when it was listed as such then next thing u know it goes up on PO again then stays in stock until now. They done that scheme a couple of times already on some statues i was following
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:03 PM   #1287
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, haven't ordered this yet either. Will wait just a bit ...and hoping it'll last since the ES is 2000.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #1288
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea, haven't ordered this yet either. Will wait just a bit ...and hoping it'll last since the ES is 2000.
Whenever a listing says Limit 2 yeah....it means they did their maths and figured theres enough to go around
Old 10-18-2020, 07:15 PM   #1289
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I put this on my wish list as well. I know nothing about the character, but I was so impressed by the presence of it, I immediately found myself wanting it.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:17 AM   #1290
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
I put this on my wish list as well. I know nothing about the character, but I was so impressed by the presence of it, I immediately found myself wanting it.
Me too i know nothing about the character....but nevermind that i know nothing about the statues and other comic collectibles i buy....i do not even read comic books and yet i have a lot of CGC books in my collection along with prints and original artwork with characters i know nothing about.

I only buy these for the art and how they look and not for any other meaning they have in the comic world

Only info i have about the few mainstream US characters i know are from movies like avengers and stuff and from what i remember from when i was a kid in the late 70s and 80s