Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2021, 05:23 PM   #471
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Mara Jade ain't happening, fellas, along with all those wish lists from circa 2007. SW means something else now, and the fandom has changed. Those OG Kenner vintage toy collectors aren't paying the bills anymore.

The only way to get a Mara is if they completely reimagine her character into something that lines up with today's more um sophisticated audience.
That's so true. All that EU Star Wars fiction dead.....and replaced with what exactly? The Last Jedi?

The only good thing to come out of Disney is Duck Tales.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #472
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The thing is the fandom hasn't changed. Disney is forcing a change to happen, but that's why the new trilogy and the new movies all failed - because the fandom doesn't want these changes. It's why The Mandalorian is such a huge success - because they are pandering to the original fandom.

Mara doesn't have to change, and Mara doesn't have to be ignored. She'll come, eventually. But it's not going to happen while the current people in power are still in power, which is slowly changing (see The Mandalorian) =)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:15 PM   #473
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Most wanted is Darth Revan.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:33 PM   #474
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I've got 18 Street Fighter and 18 Marvel statues, but there's a dearth of Street Fighter on the horizon. Until and unless that changes, I'm content giving Kallark the limelight.

Plus, I need Gouken in SFVI and/or some new artwork to make it worthwhile. Grown a bit stale.

Yeah cool cool... but still... cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
The thing is the fandom hasn't changed. Disney is forcing a change to happen, but that's why the new trilogy and the new movies all failed - because the fandom doesn't want these changes. It's why The Mandalorian is such a huge success - because they are pandering to the original fandom.

Mara doesn't have to change, and Mara doesn't have to be ignored. She'll come, eventually. But it's not going to happen while the current people in power are still in power, which is slowly changing (see The Mandalorian) =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
That's so true. All that EU Star Wars fiction dead.....and replaced with what exactly? The Last Jedi?

The only good thing to come out of Disney is Duck Tales.
Star Wars never was about catering to the nerd hardcore. Not now either despite how they wish they were so significant. Plenty of Star Wars fans did and do find the majority of the EU to be disinteresting.

Now it's about people hopping aboard the pop culture hype train so everyone can feel included with likes and tweets. It's just way cheaper now to produce something that appeases both camps than it used to be so product doesn't have to be as concerned with a more general audience.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:18 PM   #475
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I want these in the Mythos line:

Cad Bane
Anakin (RotS)
Darth Revan
Darth Talon
Starkiller
Ahsoka
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker (young Jedi)
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:21 PM   #476
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Anything with T&A.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:23 PM   #477
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Disney needs money and its starting to show in their parks. If they want my money, stop putting out this new garbage star wars stuff and give me the EU stuff that people like me ask for. I will absolutely buy a Mara Jade PF but not any of the new junk. Mandalorian proved that the original trilogies and EU stuff can work except the people in charge just dont want to accept that they made a bad bet with the newer stuff.

"How many times we gotta teach you this lesson?" is gonna be the way Disney learns this i suppose.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:34 PM   #478
Biggunz
Loki

Crumb!!!!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote