Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #891
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

"We are also excited because it means that our customers will have a better product, as the new manufacturer will be producing a more sturdy Endoskeleton than the manufacturer before had. The price of this new 1:1 Endoskeleton will be rising dramatically."

I am concerned more about the paint issues with China, unless they are being shipped back here for paint, assembly, and quality control. One of the selling points for me was "made in USA" and the fact that the "good" paint that could not be used on the bust and 1/4 could be utilized on the full figure here in the states.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #892
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

If it is now shifted to China the price should be lowered right ? After all Chinese workers only make about between $90-$120 a week,compared to the highly skilled people at the Blue Realm Studio.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #893
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Made in the USA to guarantee a quality finished product...

NEW IMPROVED version to be made in China!

Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:27 PM   #894
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

certainly an interesting move by chronicle, mainly because the 'made in the USA' proudly touted will be out of the window.
Although there's no reason the China made endos shouldn't be just as high quality as the USA pieces. The only question mark is over the paint due to the issues with importing it last time with the endoskull, unless those problems have been overcome?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #895
Python
Omega Red

You'd think the price would be lower also, otherwise why bother having any of these things made in China? If it costs the same as making them in the USA, or UK etc, you may as well support your own economy and have them produced closer to home where you can keep a closer eye on the qc.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #896
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

From the "ad" for the new ones they are making it seem like the new ones will be better build quality hence the price hike. I understood it to mean the current studio was unable to do them like CC wanted them done. Maybe some are having problem with them or they are too frail to accept the weapon "upgrades" that were planned. We need an update with more specific info.

Just like with Horus I would pay more for US made than China, but paying more for China over the US needs explained better.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:18 PM   #897
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Yeah I don't understand why they would start making these in China and why they would be "excited" by it. I love mine and the fact that it was made in the USA makes it even better. I would think that the cost would go up quite a lot just because of having to import them from China. Also the quality is never going to be as good.
Hey Steve, can you tell us what your opinion is of the paint apps for the 1:1 bust and 1:1 full since you've owned both? Very curious to know what the facts are. Has our faith in the legacy app been justified or does the rep paint from China manage to compete?
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #898
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Hey Steve, can you tell us what your opinion is of the paint apps for the 1:1 bust and 1:1 full since you've owned both? Very curious to know what the facts are. Has our faith in the legacy app been justified or does the rep paint from China manage to compete?
There is a big difference in the paint. The full size looks like it's made of metal and the paint is shinny but has a used, worn look. The bust looks like it was painted silver. If the lifesize had looked like the bust I wouldn't have been happy with it at all.

As for the construction maybe Stingray is right. The weakest part of the Endo is his hands. Maybe they figured out that he couldn't hold a gun. I would be afraid to try with mine.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:01 PM   #899
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
There is a big difference in the paint. The full size looks like it's made of metal and the paint is shinny but has a used, worn look. The bust looks like it was painted silver. If the lifesize had looked like the bust I wouldn't have been happy with it at all.

As for the construction maybe Stingray is right. The weakest part of the Endo is his hands. Maybe they figured out that he couldn't hold a gun. I would be afraid to try with mine.
I think they said all along that the arms would need replaced with the weapon "upgrade", maybe these would not need replaced and cut down on future cost?? China versions maybe include weapons from the start??

I had the 1:1 bust for a short time too and if that is the finish they are going to use for this piece(which is exactly what I am worried about) I am out.

I hope the weather down there is not affecting them, but that is probably why no info yet.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:08 PM   #900
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Weather is fine now. I think they are in CA for Monsterpalooza.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote