Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-31-2019, 10:15 AM   #3321
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Hopefully we get a new Storm shown this year!
Ditto! If she happens, I will get almost all of my most wanted x-men female heroes. Sideshow’s X-men line is going so strong. Hoping she gets revealed or teased during 12 days of sideshow
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #3322
CaptainSmiley
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Funny enough, the original Psylocke PF had her headsculpts changed. I remember the OG Ex getting trashed after it was changed.

The way I always tell in photos which is the original and which was the final is the way the cloth shirt meets the sculpted neck. The original portraits rested over the cloth, on the revised statue the cloth simply touches the neck.

Between sculpt changes, heads (2 PFs with a total of SIX heads after revisions), paint issues, and release strategies Sideshow has yet to release a Psylocke Premium Format without some sort of controversy attached. Psylocke just can’t catch a break with SS.

Wow, I've never seen the OG original Psylocke PF heads before. Call me crazy but I actually really like this original regular portrait. Regardless the final heads both turned out great, and I'll be sticking with the OG PF since i missed out yesterday. Can't complain...too much 😉
CaptainSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #3323
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
And White Storm isn’t crazy on the aftermarket. Not surprising given how unwell her face sculpt was initially received. But a lot of it during any sneak release is the immediate hype and bad feeling of missing out. One may or may not care as time goes on. I felt I missed out on green Phoenix, especially since she’s a top 10 character for me, but now I don’t even care and I still love Jean as a character.

Indeed, the real surprise is 2 low ES Variants this year. We all figured there’d be one, but 2 in one year was definitely unexpected.
People who hated Storm's portrait as as nuts as those who hated this Psylocke portrait.

I could have purchased the White Storm, but never did. It bothers me that the costume is so inaccurate. It is kinda close to Simone Binachi's design, but then not even really.

This Psylocke however, I will be on the hunt for. I need this. I WANT this. I am extra jealous of anybody who has the original PF and scored this too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #3324
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Your posts read like Trump's Twitter feed. I've honestly never considered blocking another user until now.
It reads like geo from rt
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:34 AM   #3325
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
This is nothing new and is expected during this event and most of us know this. I'm sorry you feel this way.
Oh btw was the black daredevil also part of the event?
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:39 AM   #3326
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I have no skin in the game, but I find it sadly amusing how so many voices are being heard in protest on Sideshow's "sneaky" way of releasing this low edition of the original portrait. All I heard was the vicious critiques regarding the 1st portrait, with many jumping on the mob bandwagon, gleefully vilifying SS, which has become a disturbing trend bordering on the psychotic.

Sadly, vindictive loudmouths have sway on these forums, unless many more speak-up, the trend will continue.
I went back in this thread to see the initial reaction

+ shakex, khev, punisher2000, ukshaun, crimsinwing1989, Indomitus, dechircio7, Vracula, pdenham, GenoToys, AC_808, NorthernLadMSP, Shaughn54, Vecchio1, TBolt, Darkcross, Sonicobra,

- MPCanes, hordeall, Remember Me?, oddly sober, hunnipot85, haljordan99,

Some comments were a mix bag so hard to categorize, if any member listed wants to correct me, don't intend to mischaracterize anyone.

I'd say the piece was a bit split, but over all forum seemed positive with some descent.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #3327
chronos1919
Nightwing

Or maybe SS intentionally made the head sculpt worse to punish the vocal minority.

chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #3328
chronos1919
Nightwing

Duplicate
Old 10-31-2019, 10:45 AM   #3329
chronos1919
Nightwing

Triplicate
Old 10-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #3330
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
Oh btw was the black daredevil also part of the event?
Yep. And it wouldn't surprise me if there was something cool today, being that it is Halloween.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote