Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #441
Ruby_Alexa

The Zatanna statue doesn't look too bad as I thought. I think I may purchase the statue. Thanks for providing the pics.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #442
*rogue*
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

You are most welcome. I love her actually, she's my second favourite of the series I think, behind Green Arrow.
*rogue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #443
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Zatanna does look decent.... I so wish I hadn't pre-ordered these, though. It seems like the DCUO statues can be had on Ebay for $35-$40. I just got Solomon Grundy and wasn't sure about keeping it, so I looked to see what it was selling for. One went for $40 and one went for $31. Those sellers can't be making money. It looks like Flash is around the same. I'm used to some of these DCD things dropping in value, but that is pretty crazy. That has to be under cost only a week after release.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #444
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

The only one whose value hasn't dipped significantly seems to be Superman. I guess it makes sense since he's Superman and he's one of the statues that most resembles Lee's art.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #445
*rogue*

I didn't get in on the ground floor with this series, I started at Green Arrow/Green Lantern but I've been lucky to find most of the others at a decent price. Superman was the hardest to track down, there wasn't one to be had on eBay at a reasonable price but I eventually found one when I went on holiday to Canada at a comic shop. Wonder Woman I have on order, she's coming here from America and even with shipping, she's cheaper than getting it here.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #446
Ruby_Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by *rogue* View Post
You are most welcome. I love her actually, she's my second favourite of the series I think, behind Green Arrow.
The only one I have is Wonder Woman which is not too bad yet it could have been better. The neck could have used some good sanding so it would look smooth. Its not as noticeable when displayed yet upon closer look it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Zatanna does look decent.... I so wish I hadn't pre-ordered these, though. It seems like the DCUO statues can be had on Ebay for $35-$40. I just got Solomon Grundy and wasn't sure about keeping it, so I looked to see what it was selling for. One went for $40 and one went for $31. Those sellers can't be making money. It looks like Flash is around the same. I'm used to some of these DCD things dropping in value, but that is pretty crazy. That has to be under cost only a week after release.
I think maybe its the Sideshow effect. People are saving their money on SS DC statues and refraining from purchasing anymore DCD busts and statues. If Ebay vendors are going to sell their DCD items on auction, its probably won't go for much as before (depending on character, statue, etc.) unless there are buyers who truly want it.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #447
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexa View Post
The only one I have is Wonder Woman which is not too bad yet it could have been better. The neck could have used some good sanding so it would look smooth. Its not as noticeable when displayed yet upon closer look it is.
The Wonder Woman one is my least favorite. I was not too thrilled with it. I'd call it "barely acceptable". I loved the solicit pics, but not the final product.

Quote:
I think maybe its the Sideshow effect. People are saving their money on SS DC statues and refraining from purchasing anymore DCD busts and statues. If Ebay vendors are going to sell their DCD items on auction, its probably won't go for much as before (depending on character, statue, etc.) unless there are buyers who truly want it.
Maybe. At least, the recent stuff. I'll still come across some older DCD product that can fetch an ok price. But, I sure wouldn't set a low opening bid in the hopes of bidders driving the price up. I was almost going to cancel some of my remaining pre-orders just because I am kinda losing interest in collecting so much, but figured I could re-sell for more than I'd lose from taking the cancellation fee hit. Not so sure about that anymore...
Old 10-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #448
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
The Wonder Woman one is my least favorite. I was not too thrilled with it. I'd call it "barely acceptable". I loved the solicit pics, but not the final product.

I need to track down some photos of Wonder Woman then. I think she looks lovely in the solicit pics and was always most tempted to get her out of all the DCU Online ones.
I'm still a bit non-impressed with the scale though, as I just bought a Wonder Woman Amazonia action figure for £8 and when she's posed she doesn't look too bad. These smaller statues cost 5 times that price (at least) and from a distance they just don't look that different. Mind, I could probably get the Catwoman statue cheaper than a Hush Catwoman action figure at this point in time.

That said, I do think Zatanna looks miles better than Selina or Black Canary. Very tempting indeed.
Does your Hal have a slightly squashed face? I saw one in my LCS and the left side of his face looked smaller than the right. I was going to buy it up until I noticed that! Just wondered if it was a dodgy mould or they're all like that.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #449
*rogue*

*Goes to look at Hal closely*

His face seems fine, I don't really see that it's squashed at all, his cheekbones do look a bit prominent but otherwise he seems ok.

Only one I was disappointed in a little was my Flash, he seems like he's going to tip over any second until I bent the peg on his foot a little.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #450
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylusiphur View Post
I need to track down some photos of Wonder Woman then. I think she looks lovely in the solicit pics and was always most tempted to get her out of all the DCU Online ones.
I felt the same way. I liked the solicit pics so much, they were a big part of selling me on collecting the line. I was pretty disappointed that the one I thought would be the best ended up being about the worst. Something is just a little off in the face that throws the piece off. Plus, she seems too skinny.

Quote:

Does your Hal have a slightly squashed face? I saw one in my LCS and the left side of his face looked smaller than the right. I was going to buy it up until I noticed that! Just wondered if it was a dodgy mould or they're all like that.
Yeah, they'll all look like that. It does look strange, but they even solicited it like that. GL and WW are the clunkers of this line. I don't think either of them are awful (that word is reserved for stuff like this recent Supergirl bust), but they aren't great.