Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-31-2019, 09:58 AM   #3311
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
It's not the underlying message, it's the abrasive nature of your wording paired with juvenile catch-phrases like "Greedshow."

Followed up weak and troll-esque insults and an insinuation that anyone who doesn't think like you must be a sheep or work at Sideshow.
Just because you don't agree with the so-called "catchphrases" doesn't make them juvenile. Just check the definition of juvenile again.

And the only person who gets insulted here in this section of the fora is me. You are confused.

I still don't understand why people gets so protective of all the wrong doings of a corporation. The only way it would make sense is if you have a financial interest in them. At this point, the term fanboy can't even apply, it's way worse than that.

Does that explain why I think a lot of Sideshow employees use this fora for a corporate or just personal agenda?

I mean just do the exercise and read all of Divo's posts. They are that obvious.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #3312
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Wow this was unexpected. I wouldn't have pulled the trigger, but yeah, I feel bad for people that settled for the ugly one and dropped 600+ dollars. I'd be seriously pissed.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #3313
SDguy

When Spook started and my friend said they should do a X force variant of this piece I jokingly said yes and with the original portrait. Ha! So great!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #3314
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I don't think you're a hater and I get you're upset over it.
I know, I have never felt attacked by any of your posts.

Thank you for that, it's become a rarity here!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:03 AM   #3315
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yeah. I went through the same thing with White Storm. Funny enough, I’ve had several chances to buy it since but have always passed.

Still though, dropping two low ES variants, who could have seen that coming? I’m just lucky I checked in here and saw the thread in time. I didn’t even think about it, just ordered. And I’m barely buying anything these days.
And White Storm isn’t crazy on the aftermarket. Not surprising given how unwell her face sculpt was initially received. But a lot of it during any sneak release is the immediate hype and bad feeling of missing out. One may or may not care as time goes on. I felt I missed out on green Phoenix, especially since she’s a top 10 character for me, but now I don’t even care and I still love Jean as a character.

Indeed, the real surprise is 2 low ES Variants this year. We all figured there’d be one, but 2 in one year was definitely unexpected.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:03 AM   #3316
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
What a low blow from Greedshow!

This variant has the gorgeous portrait. It's a beautiful statue but come on, we can only feel bad for those who ponied up for the "regular" editions with the ugly portrait.

It's not the problem of doing variants, a lot of companies do them, but this, this is despicable.

Just when you think Greedshow can't do worse than what they are already doing, boom they always find ways to surprise the community!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84BIlT3SwQ

If you point the finger forward, three are pointing backwards

It's not the rich that are greedy, it's the poor.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:06 AM   #3317
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
And White Storm isn’t crazy on the aftermarket. Not surprising given how unwell her face sculpt was initially received. But a lot of it during any sneak release is the immediate hype and bad feeling of missing out. One may or may not care as time goes on. I felt I missed out on green Phoenix, especially since she’s a top 10 character for me, but now I don’t even care and I still love Jean as a character.

Indeed, the real surprise is 2 low ES Variants this year. We all figured there’d be one, but 2 in one year was definitely unexpected.
Hopefully we get a new Storm shown this year!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 AM   #3318
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

That Green Phoenix is a favorite of mine.

It's funny how changing the color turned a very boring and underwhelming statue, Dark Phoenix, into a must have for me!

I even prefer it to XM's green phoenix (which i ended up not purchasing thanks to SS' version), and I am called a XM fanboy every day here!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:14 AM   #3319
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Hopefully we get a new Storm shown this year!
Would be great for a 12 Days reveal. And I already have 3 Storm 1/4s. Will gladly add a 4th.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:15 AM   #3320
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Just because you don't agree with the so-called "catchphrases" doesn't make them juvenile. Just check the definition of juvenile again.

And the only person who gets insulted here in this section of the fora is me. You are confused.

I still don't understand why people gets so protective of all the wrong doings of a corporation. The only way it would make sense is if you have a financial interest in them. At this point, the term fanboy can't even apply, it's way worse than that.

Does that explain why I think a lot of Sideshow employees use this fora for a corporate or just personal agenda?

I mean just do the exercise and read all of Divo's posts. They are that obvious.
I know the definition of juvenile: childish/immature.

I wasn't trying to get you riled up or to derail this thread though.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote