Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #2141
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Let’s do the math on this piece, 6 X-men characters that are 1/6 scale where most of their 1/6 dc statues go for $375 with prestige membership so that’s $2250 so basically they are saying the sentinel cost $1750 at 1/6 scale to make it $4000. That’s ridiculous. This diorama should be $3000
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #2142
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Let’s do the math on this piece, 6 X-men characters that are 1/6 scale where most of their 1/6 dc statues go for $375 with prestige membership so that’s $2250 so basically they are saying the sentinel cost $1750 at 1/6 scale to make it $4000. That’s ridiculous. This diorama should be $3000
Don't forget to add another $800+ for shipping cost. Yup, this statue is waaaay overpriced.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #2143
swim
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
How is it ridiculous?Look at that Sentinel. It took a ton of work in design and development hours to develop. Not to mention logistics of shipping and show (at cons) exc. I feel its a fair price. ( shipping is a huge bummer , I'm guessing 1200.00)
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #2144
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
this had so much potential to be an all time grail. Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit are a must in a diorama like this. with the exception of beast and colossus, the current character mix is terrible

So true!

Even the original set of characters they had at first would've been better. And I was so excited for this diorama when it was first introduced. I really wanted this piece.

Unfortunately, they had to change the characters. And too much time went by. For me, the need to get this is dead and gone. I'll just wait for in-hand pics to look at.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #2145
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I repeat there was never before a PO on the XM page. This is the official PO for this piece. A payment plan for people which POed before on events has nothing to do with it. You can PO on events many statues before the official PO on the XM page happen.

It´s not a second PreOrder.
come on grumpy, you act like we're new to the XM game. the "official PO on XM page" is as relevant as the "sold out on XM webpage"
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #2146
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's amazing to me that it is even worth it for them to create pieces at this price.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #2147
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
How is it ridiculous?Look at that Sentinel. It took a ton of work in design and development hours to develop. Not to mention logistics of shipping and show (at cons) exc. I feel its a fair price. ( shipping is a huge bummer , I'm guessing 1200.00)
Don´t forget the Sentinel Base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
come on grumpy, you act like we're new to the XM game. the "official PO on XM page" is as relevant as the "sold out on XM webpage"
You comment like you are new, but for the new ones i can repeat the "sold out on XM webpage", hehe.

Sold out on XM webpage means "sold out on XM webpage". If a statue has an ES the allocation are splitted into three parts. Events, XM webpage and distributors. If a statue is sold out on XM webpage it means nothing more as the statue is "sold out on XM webpage".
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:41 AM   #2148
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"TARGETS IDENTIFIED. MUTANTS. SURRENDER OR DIE."

"An engineering feat that took the XM team over 2 years and a collaborative strike-force team of over 15 Artists and professionals, XM proudly presents the first of our Epic Diorama Series - the X-Men VS Sentinel! The battle scene pits 6 heroic X-Men characters; Beast, Archangel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Bishop and Colossus against a fearsome Sentinel robot and Nimrod. Crafted in Cold Cast Porcelain, the sheer size, details and immense presence this piece has will make it undoubtedly THE centerpiece showcase for any X-Men statue collector. While only 1:6 scale, this MASSIVE cold-cast porcelain diorama is anything but small! Not for the faint-hearted and only for the ultimate collector with space and unrivalled passion for the X-Men, this is the display centerpiece designed to stun any viewer into a state of disbelief and wonder. When shown at conventions, collectors spend the most time gawking at this diorama and revelling in all the incredible details and dynamism - it's almost as if you are right there watching the battle yourself! Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. Sculpted by an All-Star team comprising of Suheryanto Hatmaja, Kris Lee, Romell Chopraa, George Georgy and Marthin Agusta, engineered to perfection by the XM development team, this piece is a testament to XM's madness in pushing beyond boundaries. Be warned - you will need a large display area for this beast!

X-Men, realizing mutants were the next step in human evolution, Professor Charles Xavier gathered gifted teenagers to be his first class of students. His goal to protect and educate the next generation of homo superior, while pursuing a dream of harmony. Sentinel, the Sentinel robots were created by noted anthropologist Doctor Bolivar Trask, who intended to use them to save humanity from mutants."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #2149
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Jubilee looks just as useless on this piece as she was in the comics (at least in the earlier years).
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #2150
Cromulon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Jubilee looks just as useless on this piece as she was in the comics (at least in the earlier years).
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote