Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-30-2018, 01:13 AM   #4141
qz33
Rescue

Okay a lot of the usual suspects haven't been in here to answer your question yet but for me favorites are

3 ArtFX (the big ones just to be clear)
2 Bishoujo Super fine quality and I'm a sucker for cuties
1 Fine Arts - Just not enough of them Sosa made many a classic for Kotobukiya...
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #4142
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition?

Reckon second versions of old releases would be better, like your (New 52) Harley Quinn & the upcoming Catwoman bishoujo. Poison Ivy, Batgirl, Rogue, Emma Frost, & Mystique should get this treatment.

A third Wonder Woman in her DC Rebirth suit & in a battle pose would be sweet, as long as the face sculpt/finish is spot on to Shunya's style.

However would like to own the newer ARTFX Spider-Man but in his black suit. Reckon it'll pair well with your new ARTFX Venom.

2. What is your favorite line of products from Kotobukiya? ARTFX+? Fine Arts? Bishoujo? Ikemen?

Your affordable 1/6-1/7 lines got me into collecting but now i own more ARTFX+ & Bishoujos. Would love to see more characters, top requests are 1/6 Aquaman & Martian Manhunter (Jim Lee style & sculpted by Kouei Matsumoto or Keita Misonou please).

Need more ARTFX J female characters like Faye Valentine & Winry Rockbell.

Hiring Adi Granov again to continue your newer ARTFX+ Avengers set was smart. With the popularity of the Spider-Man franchise 1/10 scale Spidey in his PS4 Advanced Suit plus the heroes of Into The Spider-Verse movie are a must. Comic Sinister Six with Black Cat, Gwen Stacey, & Mary Jane would be epic too.

ARTFX+ animated lines should continue with (X-Men '92) Magneto, Mystique, Sabertooth then (BTAS) Batgirl, Catwoman, & Poison Ivy plus more later on.

3. And finally, as a round up of our TYCC reveals... What do you guys think???

Dig the Karin art plus Catwoman Returns bishoujo reveals! ARTFX Venom looks cool but where are the GI Joe prototypes please? Any updates with the Capt. Marvel Bishoujo & ARTFX+ statues? Thanks again Gyoza!
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #4143
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition? (Thanks to those who have responded already!)

2. What is your favorite line of products from Kotobukiya? ARTFX+? Fine Arts? Bishoujo? Ikemen? Etc. Why is it your favorite? (price, quality, poses, etc)

I want to use the answers I get from the above questions to relay to our planning department in the future, so any insight is appreciated!

-Gyoza
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Great questions!
I would love to see some of the ARTFX+ marvel statues in their original costumes as 2nd edition. Also love the star wars ARTFX+ line.

I collect only ARTFX+ because of the price point, the great selection of characters and the frequency in which they come out.

I really love the classic looks of marvel and dc characters (80s and 90s style), and these are all an instant but for me. I have about 30 ARTFX+ in my collection.

I would love to see more build a figures for these pieces ... Or build a diorama would be cool, too.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:24 AM   #4144
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hi Gyoza

I am very much into collecting classic versions of characters now which has made the Fine Arts line very appealing to me.

I started collecting the line late so the only character I have is Vision. He does not seem to be selling very well which makes me think the Avengers line won't continue, but should Koto decide to keep going with it I would absolutely love a retro Ms. Marvel statue wearing the red and blue costume she had in the 70's.

Also, if anyone else in the forum is interested please chime in.

Thanks
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #4145
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition?
Bishoujo Rogue. But in a new avatar (like Catwoman); not a re-issue. Same goes for other X-Ladies.
Also Invisible Woman.

Basically, the newer bishoujos have a very different style which I like better than the old ones. And I want to see characters from the old era done in this new style.

I'd also like the ROTJ Vader and Luke be available on the shelves simultaneously at some point.

Quote:

2. What is your favorite line of products from Kotobukiya? ARTFX+? Fine Arts? Bishoujo? Ikemen? Etc. Why is it your favorite? (price, quality, poses, etc)
It used to be ArtFX+, but the recent price hike has made me gravitate toward bihoujos lately.

Still, I'm waiting for some ArtFX+ lines. Especially Birds of Prey to complement the recent Gotham City Sirens line.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #4146
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

I have a few question for you guys:

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition? (Thanks to those who have responded already!)

I want to use the answers I get from the above questions to relay to our planning department in the future, so any insight is appreciated!

-Gyoza
1. I love the 1/6 scale statues from Kotobukiya ...so I love the ArtFX and Fine Arts line. I would love to see 2nd edition classic Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Ant-Man and Wasp. I would also love to see 2nd edition classic Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Ice-Man, Angel and Beast. Avengers and X-Men based on Byrnes art. Then I'd love 2nd edition classic Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat.

2. Again my favorite line from Kotobukiya is the ArtFX and Fine Arts line (1/6 scale). I also love the Bishoujo line.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #4147
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
1. I love the 1/6 scale statues from Kotobukiya ...so I love the ArtFX and Fine Arts line. I would love to see 2nd edition classic Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Ant-Man and Wasp. I would also love to see 2nd edition classic Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Ice-Man, Angel and Beast. Avengers and X-Men based on Byrnes art. Then I'd love 2nd edition classic Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat.

2. Again my favorite line from Kotobukiya is the ArtFX and Fine Arts line (1/6 scale). I also love the Bishoujo line.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:15 AM   #4148
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Yeah guys like I said a LOT of the usual suspects hadn't chimed in yet.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #4149
BurningRage
Inhumans

I’d like 2nd editions of the AftFX Jim Lee blue/gray Batman and Catwoman.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #4150
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Is the 1/4 scale Frazetta Barbarian a go? If so any idea of price or schedule? Will there be any other Frazetta's produced at this or any other scale? Thanks.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote