Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-23-2020, 05:02 AM   #131
SuperJ300
Zot

What a mistake!

Hopefully DC films will go the same style as Joker and new Batman film.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #132
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The new WW trailer looks pretty great. I'm wondering if its a question of budget. I mean, Thanos looked amazing but they also spent the bank on those movies. So I'm thinking since the first WW did so well they gave her more money to play with.
DC is definitely cutting corners on CGI, a lot of the CGI on the Snider cuts looks like it's from a video game. Hopefully it's just unfinished and rushed out for the trailer...

Some of the CGI in the new WW movie looks ok but the flashback scenes of her in Themyscira as a girl are pretty fake looking you can tell they're acting in front of a green screen, reminds me of the old days when video games first starting using live actors in cut scenes...

If you have such a tight budget then reduce the amount of action scenes that require CGI and improve the story... From what I've heard Nolan used very little CGI in his Batman Trilogy...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #133
Augen
Metal Men

I still very curious to see this. There appears to be very little overlap between theatrical and this version so more than director's cut it is a whole different film. Steppenwolf looks a lot better to me.

Also, 4 hours? Can fit a whole lot of story in there.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #134
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
DC is definitely cutting corners on CGI, a lot of the CGI on the Snider cuts looks like it's from a video game. Hopefully it's just unfinished and rushed out for the trailer...

Some of the CGI in the new WW movie looks ok but the flashback scenes of her in Themyscira as a girl are pretty fake looking you can tell they're acting in front of a green screen, reminds me of the old days when video games first starting using live actors in cut scenes...

If you have such a tight budget then reduce the amount of action scenes that require CGI and improve the story... From what I've heard Nolan used very little CGI in his Batman Trilogy...
Nolan's trilogy was grounded in reality though. Little harder to do with Wonder Woman or New Gods. I actually don't mind the scenes in Themyscira, Cheetah was more concerning to me as it's a whole character and they appeared to nail it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:02 PM   #135
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I still very curious to see this. There appears to be very little overlap between theatrical and this version so more than director's cut it is a whole different film. Steppenwolf looks a lot better to me.

Also, 4 hours? Can fit a whole lot of story in there.
Snyder originally wanted to make two JL films, and he shot a ton of footage before leaving. Superman was originally supposed to be a villain when returning to life. Martian Manhunter was supposed to have a cameo. I won't say what Batman's role was supposed to be as I don't want to spoil anything.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #136
SONICobra
Batman

looks promising to me, im not sure if the cgi is 100% done but even as is looks better than what we got for steppenwolf and the rest of the original movie
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:27 PM   #137
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Yeah, Steppenwolf looks a lot better, much closer to what we saw in the credits scene of BvS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steppenwolf.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	132720  
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #138
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Zack Snyder announced on Twitter that the release date is March 18th.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...er-1234895641/

That's the day before the premiere of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+. I predict a very busy weekend.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #139
Augen
Metal Men

Sigh, I need to find someone with HBO for this.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #140
adee
Green Arrow

I feel like I’m more curious than anything else.

Four hours is pretty nuts. I hope he changes the whole tone of the movie to be much more uplifting instead of making it even darker than it already was.

As skeptical as I am I’m still looking forward to seeing it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote