Super Moderator

Monsters Unleashed!

Holding out hope this is good...

http://www.newsarama.com/30876-marve...-revealed.html
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
Babytoxie
Ghost

Ahhh... now I see (sort of). The following softcover turned up on Amazon about a month ago with "prelude" in the title, and I was wondering what was up.

https://www.amazon.com/Monsters-Unle...ters+unleashed
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

Well ... I've been hoping for any kind of exploration into the old Marvel Monster Mash, but, I'm taking this w/ a grain of salt. I'm really not sure that there's a writer out there today who has the chops to pay proper homage to what Marvel/Curtis built back in the 70's. The only guy I could happily see writing this is the Afterlife With Archie/Sabrina writer, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa who absolutely gets the older horror comics vibe. The recent visits to the Marvel Monsters characters (within the past decade), w/ few exceptions, have fallen flat in their interpretations. Marvel is really gonna need a couple writers who have actually read & loved the old stuff. I wish them luck.

* In a weird way, this is cool news. I have a feeling that Marvel is setting fans up for possible cameos of Marvel Monsters in the upcoming Dr. Strange movie. I've already read that Brother Voodoo might make an appearance.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

I was watching my new Blueray copy of Cap. Civil War yesterday & within the disk's extras is a short preview of Marvel's upcoming Dr. Strange movie. In this preview, Marvel Film Chief, Kevin Feige talks about Marvel's Supernatural stable & mentions that there are many characters, as yet unused, on that side of things. This gives me hope that, on the film side, at least Marvel is considering introducing their Monsters in to their film u. This, in turn, might explain this Monsters Unleashed angle the comics will be taking. A possible primer to reintroduce these characters in terms of prepping readers for this new wing of the movie u to come. Ghost Rider on shield is another step forward.

*side note - In the two part extra included in the Civil War release on the history of the story-line, Civil War writer, Mark Miller wasn't mentioned even once, which I thought kinda sucked.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Not what I was expecting....

http://www.newsarama.com/31068-1st-d...-monsters.html
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDGUY View Post
Same but might be interesting. Wish Marvel reverted to classic Cap, though.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote