Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-22-2016, 12:19 PM   #371
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The Josie & The Pussycats story had to be based on Interview With A Vampire. It really matched up w/ Ann Rice' book.

ClownKnight, I hadn't heard that Archie Publications was now going to devote a horror-update, regular series to Josie. If so, sure, I'll give it a whirl.
No doubt. I thought the same thing.

Didn't know Josie was getting her own series. Thought he just was referring to ALWA #10.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #372
AsOneDead
You got red on you

The Omega Men by Tom King & Barnaby Baganda

Fantastic series with some great writing and art. If you want a more serious story with less superhero shenanigans then check it out. One of the best stories I've read in a long time.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:46 AM   #373
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The Josie & The Pussycats story had to be based on Interview With A Vampire. It really matched up w/ Ann Rice' book.

ClownKnight, I hadn't heard that Archie Publications was now going to devote a horror-update, regular series to Josie. If so, sure, I'll give it a whirl.
I see that Josie & The Pussycats #1 comes out this week!
Old 09-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #374
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I see that Josie & The Pussycats #1 comes out this week!
Just went to Archie Comics web site and it looks like a straight Josie story, not this reimagined vampire version.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:09 PM   #375
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Street Fighter Classic vol. 1 by Arnold Tsang, Ken Siu-Chong, Alvin Lee, Andrew Hou, Joe Madureira and Hyung-Tae Kim

It was an action pact fun read. Started out as short stories which were connected to each other and later on the long stories which were connected to the short stories came in. Story Started with Ryu defeating Sagat. Sagat believed that he lost his honour with the defeate and started to search a new path to regain his honour. Ryu and Ken's master Gouken was murdered by his own brother Akuma and afterwards Akuma defeated Ryu and Ken in humiliatingly easy way but left them alive cause he realised Ryu can be a great opponent to him seeing the dark hado in Ryu... And gave Ryu a chance to become an exceptional fighter till the next Street Fighter Tournamet where they will fight again so Ryu started to travel the world with his new apprantece Sakura to become a better fighter and defeat Akuma.

And then there's the Cammy's story, when she was a doll with the code name ''killer bee'' ( a doll is a mindless servant of Bison who biocamicaly engineered in a tube and stuff) and by the help of a fortune teller soccerer she was saved from the terrorist organisation Shadoolu (Shadoolu is a global terrorist organisation which is rulled by Mr. Bison) and later after she got out of Shadoolu's control, and lost her memory, she joined to MI-6's crimson fox special operations team.

There's The Guile's story; Guile looked for his mentor and friend Charlie who was lost in a past mission. While he was seaching for Charlie his path crossed with Chun Li, an interpol agent who looked for his Father who was lost in a past mission. They stated to seach together and found out that Chun's father was dead and Charlie was alive. Charlie even helped them defeat Mr. Bison by reagaining his memory and getting out of Bison's control... Then chun quited Interpol and had some me time... then came back to Interpol and anxiously restarted to work to take The Shadoolu down. Her path crossed with Fei Long and she asked Gen's help to take down The Hong Kong section of Shadoolu and succeeded at that with them by taking down the crime bosses sisters who worked with Shadoolu at Hong Kong. And they all learned that Shadoolu scientists have been working on a secret super weapon of mess destruction, and shadoolu scientists were about to finish it.

The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #376
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I'm currently loving:

Afterlife With Archie
Thor
Dr. Strange
Black Widow

And a big "thank you" to Peter J. Tomasi & Patrick Gleason for returning "Superman" to glory. I'm absolutely loving the feel and tone of this book!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #377
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Right now my favorite book is Dr strange. Have never read the book much before but this new book has been great since issue 1 with story and art. Definitely worth picking up.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #378
risingstar
Jedi Order

EC Comics Archives - Shock Suspense Stories Volume 1 - 8/10

- Great artwork, ahead-of-its-time writing, tales of human depravity. The Sin City of its era. I quite enjoyed reading these Film Noir tales. I look forward to reading later volumes of this, Crime Suspense Stories, Weird Science, and Weird Fantasy.

EC Comics Archives - Tales From The Crypt Volume 1 - 3/10

- Great artwork, but really cheesy predictable horror bordering on silly nonsense. This line from EC comics, although more popular at the time, did not age nearly as well as its other fabulous lines of EC comics. In its defense, these were early EC horror books. They did improve with time - but this volume wasn't worth the time for me to read. It's almost kid level zombie, vampire, monster yarns with virtually no element of sense to them.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #379
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Batman Thrill killer. I picked up a DC else worlds trade on Comixology and I am having a blast with a few of these stories.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #380
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Batman Thrill killer. I picked up a DC else worlds trade on Comixology and I am having a blast with a few of these stories.
I enjoyed all of Brereton's DC work. Lots of fun to it.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote