Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Batman/TNMT Crossover

So I see this is out or about to be out in HC. Is it any good? Some of the Batman company crossovers have been the best crossovers made, such as with Predator, Captain America and Punisher. The concept of this one sounds interesting and just wondering what peoples' opinions are.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I thought TMNT/Batman was really good to be honest. The plot was interesting because of how the turtles met Batman and why Batman is essential to their situation that they are put in. Also, I really enjoy the villain team-up that I won't spoil for you as well. Just know that Shredder is definitely an epic villain and would fit well in the Batman Universe given another chance at him taking on Gotham with his Foot Clan.
The art work is not the greatest of all time, but for this book it fits really well. Furthermore, I do not like how Batman is drawn but I guess that can contribute to the fact that he is in the new 52 costume so it looks a bit more armored than classic Batman.
Give it a shot and let us know what you think!
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:57 PM   #3
Parallax
Nightwing

I enjoyed it a lot.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:13 PM   #4
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Agree with wizard...art is kinda 'meh' but already knew the artists style when I bought the books so no surprises there. Enjoyed the book as a whole though I thought the previous GL/Star Trek crossover was better
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
strife87
Spider-Ham

I almost picked these up last week but went with a few different ones, plan to grab them next time I stop in as I thought it looked interesting.

There also the tv series crossover coming up, batman tmnt adventures.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

So, the GL/Star Trek crossover is worth getting, too?
Old 10-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #7
nidewetsuit
Kindly Asked To Leave

I enjoyed it a lot a well. I just love it!!
nidewetsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:49 AM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I thought TMNT/Batman was really good to be honest. The plot was interesting because of how the turtles met Batman and why Batman is essential to their situation that they are put in. Also, I really enjoy the villain team-up that I won't spoil for you as well. Just know that Shredder is definitely an epic villain and would fit well in the Batman Universe given another chance at him taking on Gotham with his Foot Clan.
The art work is not the greatest of all time, but for this book it fits really well. Furthermore, I do not like how Batman is drawn but I guess that can contribute to the fact that he is in the new 52 costume so it looks a bit more armored than classic Batman.
Give it a shot and let us know what you think!
I picked it up after all. Really did not care for it, unfortunately. The story just felt a bit too thin and contrived and, while the dynamics between Batman and the Turtles were interesting they just didn't feel properly explored. I also felt the big finale was a bit too cliche. Sorry, just didn't like it.

I also picked up Star Trek/GL so that's next on the list.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #9
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I picked it up after all. Really did not care for it, unfortunately. The story just felt a bit too thin and contrived and, while the dynamics between Batman and the Turtles were interesting they just didn't feel properly explored. I also felt the big finale was a bit too cliche. Sorry, just didn't like it.

I hear ya, and I can see how you would feel that way. If the story was drawn out a bit longer in say maybe 12 issues I think this type of opinion might change if done correctly by the creators.
How is the Star Trek/GL Cross over?
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #10
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

Agreed. Thankfully I didn'y buy it. A buddy of mine lent me his copy and I wound up stoppiing roughly 75% of the way through the book. Just didn't care for it at all. Then again, there have been very few cross overs that I really cared for. I prefer just sticking to the regular non cross over stories for various IP's and characters.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote