Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-12-2016, 12:17 AM   #71
built2shred
Phoenix

Given all the obvious green screens, I think this would of been better if they did it 100% CGI and not have live actors, just voice actors...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:14 AM   #72
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

My son and I just got back...we both loved it! Neither of us know much about the game however, so we went in with open minds. The CGI for the Orcs was incredible. Especially the main Orc's face. It looked amazingly real. We had a great time with this one...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #73
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Ouch...$6.5 million over the weekend for a total domestic haul of $37.7 million.

I think it's safe to say the timing was off in terms of capturing the excitement and fandom of the games in 2016.

Perhaps a release 10-15 years ago would have fared better?
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #74
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Movie was great. Hope there will be a sequel.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #75
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Visual dynamite!
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:07 AM   #76
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I can't believe how bad it's doing in the states. I didn't think I'd like it, but after seeing it today, I liked it a lot. I guess people are too stupid to think for themselves, when it comes to the critics. I've never understood how people chose what to see, based on what some stranger likes/dislikes. There's some talk out there that the American movie industry/critics colluded to kill it since it's mostly financed out of China. They don't want the competition. I hate those people.

Hopefully it keeps killing overseas and the trilogy gets finished.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:19 AM   #77
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I can't believe how bad it's doing in the states. I didn't think I'd like it, but after seeing it today, I liked it a lot. I guess people are too stupid to think for themselves, when it comes to the critics. I've never understood how people chose what to see, based on what some stranger likes/dislikes. There's some talk out there that the American movie industry/critics colluded to kill it since it's mostly financed out of China. They don't want the competition. I hate those people.

Hopefully it keeps killing overseas and the trilogy gets finished.
I don't think the critics take the full blame for torpedoing Warcraft. Frankly I think the advertising campaign was utter garbage. I have yet to see the movie and that's mostly do to the terrible trailers and TV commericlas. None of them got me exciting for the movie and it was the same bits over and over again. They should have showcased the main characters or show some great action scene. The advertising campaign was almost as bad as Edge of Tomorrow.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #78
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I agree, the trailers for Warcraft MMO were better then the trailers for the movie. I also think it should of been 100% CGI instead of live actors.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:07 AM   #79
built2shred
Phoenix

Just watched it...... And I have to say I liked it.... Maybe going in with very low expectations helped, but overall I thought it was a really good movie.... I know it bombed here in North America but it was huge overseas... Hoping will get a sequel....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:23 PM   #80
Luminous
Cyclops

Really wish I had the chance to catch this one in the theater. Was so busy during the time of it's release. Probably going to blind buy it on Blu though.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote