Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #11
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I saw this (don't ask how) but I did. I never read the comic so 2 things came as a surprise to me, a scene with BG and then the end.

Spoiler
Batgirl bangs Batman

Spoiler
The ending was really a let down, Batman and Joker "bond" for a moment
The first point you raised was "banged" onto the original story by Azzerello and Timm for some unknown reason and not part of the original book.

That and I am demanding that you changebyour avatar if you haven't read the Killing Joke

Last edited by Matches Malone; 07-25-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:45 PM   #12
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

VERY odd adaptation. Funny though, I was just thinking the other day if they had ever and I missed it somewhere. In the film I thought she was referring to NW.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:24 PM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah I thought the ending was rather weird also.... Especially after what Joker did to Batgirl....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:19 AM   #14
SONICobra
Batman

I cant believe they havent made an animated adaptation to hush yet, seems like a no brainer
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:35 AM   #15
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Just got back. I didn't have a problem with the animation (other than it being a bit dark) and while the Batgirl part felt tacked on I didn't mind it (but a little cringe with the sex scene.) I liked it overall and I will get the blue ray.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:19 AM   #16
Parallax
Nightwing

The Batgirl stuff wasn't needed. Especially not Batgirl and Batman having sex. That was way too much and didn't make sense at all. The ending is open to interpretation. Does Batman bring him in or does he finally kill him? Most people lean towards Batman killing him.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:30 AM   #17
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

We all know Bats didn't kill him. If BG carries on as Oracle from this injury, then the Joker lives on as well.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 AM   #18
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I was happy overall, despite the controversial event.
No, Bats does not kill the Joker, I never saw how that interpretation got started and I read the book when it first was printed a billion years ago now. LOL
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #19
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ok now that others have seen it, I was happy. I loved the musical moment while watching, and even more following the behind the scenes special showing Hamill.

I just felt that the Batgirl add in was awkward and disjointed. If they had left it with Batgirl pining for Batman, it would have been better. Or draw the line at Babs kissing Bruce and him pushing her away and leaving. Both would have served the same purpose with far less awkwardness. Literally, the theatre I was in cringed and vocally spoke up. I said, "what the hell?!"

Oh -- and I can see the ending going both ways. When I first read the story (decades ago), I took it as a standalone book. And with that, Batman kills the Joker. If not, what was the point of Bruce being concerned in the first place of his mortality and Joker's? Bruce knew he was near the end of his rope and it took just one more innocent victim -- in this case the daughter of his friend -- to say it's over. Plus the Joker is clearly pulling Batman to places that are blurring the lines between them and everything is just not "funny anymore". Plus, we all know that doing things "by the book" never works with the Joker and they have "come too far"

Reading the story again, and taking it as an origin story and not stand-alone, clearly Batman does not kill the Joker. He abides by Gordon's request AND keeps his foil alive. Batman knows Joker is right -- they do have things in common. They are cut from the same cloth just chose different paths. That's why Bruce wants and needs to keep Joker alive -- and enjoys the joke. Crazy knows crazy and I believe that Bruce really believes he can rehabilitate the Joker.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #20
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Enjoyed the movie. The controversial ending left me wondering. Which is the signs of good writing. I really enjoyed the Mark Hamill short.