Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please

Old 03-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #11
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc017 View Post
So if I am repairing this, should I just use super glue? And advice on how to get the shards to sit right while they set?
I've only dealt with clean breaks myself, so I'm not really sure how to handle the chips. Maybe glue the main piece on first and let it cure. Then get the chips in place and glue them together one at a time or something?
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #12
Doc017
Fantastic Four

Okay, I might give that I try. I messaged the seller asking if he would be alright with an attempted repair and £100 refund, but if it didn't work out I could just send it back. Waiting on a reply.
Doc017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #13
RedSiren
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I second what VS said. Always ask for pictures or for them to inspect the statue before bidding on it if you are interested. If they are legit they will always be willing to do this (I have yet to be told no when asking people). I have no care to be the first to open a box, so I prefer the safety in my purchase of making sure no QC issues or just normal breaks.

This also protects you by having a written record of your discussion saying exactly what condition a statue was in when it shipped, so if there is an argument about refund then ebay will have more evidence for your side.
I third on this, I've had a seller refuse to show me images of a statue direct (image was of the box only) and was instead told 'it's fine, you can see the statue on the box.' Needless to say I didn't bid despite it being my most saught after piece. Just gotta bite the bullet sometimes. Sorry to hear of your terrible experience
RedSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #14
RedSiren
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc017 View Post
Okay, I might give that I try. I messaged the seller asking if he would be alright with an attempted repair and £100 refund, but if it didn't work out I could just send it back. Waiting on a reply.
Best of luck mate!
RedSiren is offline   Reply With Quote