Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-08-2019, 12:07 AM   #411
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
whose pulling the trigger today?
Not me, I'm between going all in or not going in at all. I'll weigh my decision slowly while I have time on my side. I'm pretty happy with my collection as is and this would put it over the top. On the other side ~$5000 is a lot of money to go towards so many other great uses.

I love the concept, though I'm not sure I love the execution... Yet! I'm going to need the full time to decide.

I've waited so long for this and here we are again now I'm stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Ordered! What a remarkable piece, it will be an absolute pleasure to add this to the collection. It’s going to be financially painful to pick up all three, but what a display they will make.
That's awesome. I'm happy for you and all who pulled the trigger. I hope I end up happy with whatever I decide. I'm sure you'll love it. I hope the first one is still for sale, when the third one goes up, so we have a definitive look on what display will finally look like
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:23 AM   #412
leplant
Deadman

Hopefully they space out the releases. I’m going to need some recovery time between arrival dates.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:02 AM   #413
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I canceled my Mystique and Professor X, this is just my opinion and I'm sure some people would disagree but the whole diorama looks way too cartoonish. There are a few standouts like Beast but I'm not too crazy about some of them like Wolverine, Cyclops and Rogue's face just looks weird.

I'm guessing its suppose to be cartoonish per the animated series.

I love how the sentinel looks, and beast, the rest look meh, and rogue expression is horrible but that's just my thought.

Thought about getting just the sentinel, to go with my other x-men PFs.
moyiori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:18 AM   #414
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I'm guessing its suppose to be cartoonish per the animated series.

I love how the sentinel looks, and beast, the rest look meh, and rogue expression is horrible but that's just my thought.

Thought about getting just the sentinel, to go with my other x-men PFs.
Yup, that’s my thinking as well.

And I’m thinking it was probably the right decision as well, as there are a lot of us who have fond memories of the 90s cartoon series.

I really wish I could get this, but in the past year or two I’ve geared my collection more towards movie based pieces, with the thinking that I’ll box up my comic based pieces (except for my Arkham and other P1 pieces) as needed. I’m already at full capacity, with dozens of preorders still come to come in, so I can’t exactly reverse course.... or can I?
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:56 AM   #415
Nebulhym
The X-Men

And ordered...

This will be a grail for sure. And the payment plans make it a no brainer.

Now to find some space for them Sentinels...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #416
Y3E
Gen 13

You can buy these as separate pieces? Didn't know that.

Sorry if this was asked before, will there be more characters added (that have not already been shown)?

Cool dio, but not liking chubby Wolverine.

Thanks.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #417
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
You can buy these as separate pieces? Didn't know that.

Sorry if this was asked before, will there be more characters added (that have not already been shown)?

Cool dio, but not liking chubby Wolverine.

Thanks.
I believe you will be able to buy characters separately, the sentinel is being sold separate, and characters will be added as its a 3 piece diorama, this is just the first part.
moyiori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #418
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

They should have replaced Cyclops with Colossus and had him throwing Wolverine through the Sentinel.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #419
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It’s got nothing to do with the Brazilian culture (at least not the only thing), as money and profit is important to nearly everyone. People have also been screaming about what Sideshow and Prime 1 have been charging recently for their pieces.

And have you seen the prices for Kotobukiya’s 1/10 ArtFX Premier line? They’re rising in price quickly as well. Their Doctor Strange on BBTS is $175, and obviously their Hulk and She-Hulk are even more!

And people always inflate prices on limited and wanted products. It’s just supply and demand. And it use to occur for statues all the time. Just not so much with the larger scales anymore.
In some part, yes, you're right, but I know what I'm saying, yes, money is important everywhere and all companies are increasing prices, but here the thing is out of your world, the market from collectables is becoming insane, pieces selling for 2, 3 times the original price is a common thing, above this Iron Studios have a total monopoly on the market, because only they can import and they don't have and don't accept any concorrence... so if there's people buying, no concorrence, in one of the most protectionist countries in the World, with insane taxes, why not increasing the prices even more?

Now, in the rest of the World, it's not possible blow all the limits like this, because we have competition and a healthy market.

Apart from that, I think 170$ is just too much for that piece, regardless the company.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #420
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
They should have replaced Cyclops with Colossus and had him throwing Wolverine through the Sentinel.
They will make an individual Colossus too, like Professor X
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote