Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #891
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I see that the 25 issues are scattered throughout the 3 or 4 omnibi. I just saw the set list for War of Kings. LOTS of different titles there. I wonder how consistent the writing is with so many different writers at the helm.
Hopefully, they worked together very tight and it's a very good read. lol I have high hopes though since Brubaker and Abnett were involved and there was Yost too, he's a pretty good writter too. Combination of all of them must be pretty epic... these are very good writters.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #892
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Speaking of which, I just found out the new Hickman Avengers Omni that is being released next year contains the Infinity story arc and I already bought the OHC of that. May have to double dip on that one as it is one of my favourite stories for the more recent comics.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #893
risingstar
Jedi Order

This week's haul!

risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #894
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Those Masterworks books... they are vol. 238 and 239................. 238 volumes of Doctor strange and 239 volumes of spider-man... Do you have any place to stand still in that house

wow... i mean the shelf space... do you have anymore shelf space ? if you have, which castle are you living in... ? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Speaking of which, I just found out the new Hickman Avengers Omni that is being released next year contains the Infinity story arc and I already bought the OHC of that. May have to double dip on that one as it is one of my favourite stories for the more recent comics.
You know what, i saw that yesterday in a cbr forum post, what will be in the Hickman Avengers Omni was writen in there. I was thinking about getting The Infinity OHC after Inhumanity OHC (which will be my next buy) but now thanks to that post i will avoid Infinity OHC and save some bucks YAY !
Old 12-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #895
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Nice haul rising star! I should post some pics on here too!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #896
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Those Masterworks books... they are vol. 238 and 239................. 238 volumes of Doctor strange and 239 volumes of spider-man... Do you have any place to stand still in that house

wow... i mean the shelf space... do you have anymore shelf space ? if you have, which castle are you living in... ? lol
Those are the 'Marble editions' of the Masterworks, which are all numbered as a whole for the entire Marvel Age comics universe. The regular 'Black and silver editions' are numbered individually per series. Thus, The Amazing Spider-Man 239 you see there is actually vol. 18.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #897
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Those are the 'Marble editions' of the Masterworks, which are all numbered as a whole for the entire Marvel Age comics universe. The regular 'Black and silver editions' are numbered individually per series. Thus, The Amazing Spider-Man 239 you see there is actually vol. 18.
oh... I thought he had just 477 OHCs from Strange and spidey back there... I was like darn that's really really really alot of OHCs...
Old 12-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #898
Shoo
Hercules

We'd be talking 'Library of Congress'-sized collections.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #899
Davidian
Omega Flight

Well, I started my omnibus collection about a couple months ago with the Infinity Gauntlet, then got the X-Men vol 2 (Jim Lee/Claremount), and then picked up Amazing Spiderman (McFarlane) and Uncanny X-Men vol 3 today at my LCS.

So question for you guys, are the Age of Apocalypse omni and companion omni slightly different than the TPB's that were released a while back? I own the TPB's and was curious.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #900
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
Just a heads up, I have the TPBs that came out a few years ago of this and from what I can tell, the Omnibus is missing a few of the prequel issues. Not the greatest stories, but I still thought they were pretty fun.
I did a little digging, as I was curious what the differences are, as I too, own the TPB's and posted today out of curiosity, so I did a comparison, and this is what I came up with:

Difference between regular omni and TPB's: TPB's have Uncanny X-Men #319, X-Men #38 and #39, and X-Men AOA Ashcan Edition (Omni only has Ashcan #2, not sure if that is different or not)

Difference between companion and TPB's: Companion has Exiles 60-61, X-Men AOA #1-6 and One Shot, What If? #77 and #81, What If? X-Men: AOA, material from Hulk: Broken Worlds #2, X-Men Prime, X-Man Annual '96, X-Men: Endangered Species, Exiles: Days Of Then & Now and Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: AOA

So it seems like if you have the TPB's, getting the companion omni might be worth it - I think that's what I'm going to do.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote