View Poll Results: Did the Pats cheat?
Yes 52 86.67%
No 3 5.00%
Jury's still out 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #11
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Of course they cheated. But the thing is, every team freaking cheats, the Pats were just stupid enough to be caught. You think when calling plays, the coaches are holding something up in front of their mouths for fun?
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

If they cheated or not isn’t the question here … the NFL knows they did. The question is what they will do about it. The Patriots are not the only team doing it but they will be made the example because they got caught (as they should). It will be interesting to see how the NFL comes down and will let the rest of the league how serious they are about this issue. My guess the new sheriff in town will crack down pretty good as a deterrent to other teams to cease and desist. I listened to the radio this morning on this and the discussion ranged from a forfeit of the game (not gonna happen) to a first round draft pick being taken away, to the head coach being suspended. My money is on pick(s) being taken away.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #13
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

They have two first round picks next year.

Take one away.
Venom4131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #14
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
If they cheated or not isn’t the question here … the NFL knows they did. The question is what they will do about it. The Patriots are not the only team doing it but they will be made the example because they got caught (as they should). It will be interesting to see how the NFL comes down and will let the rest of the league how serious they are about this issue. My guess the new sheriff in town will crack down pretty good as a deterrent to other teams to cease and desist. I listened to the radio this morning on this and the discussion ranged from a forfeit of the game (not gonna happen) to a first round draft pick being taken away, to the head coach being suspended. My money is on pick(s) being taken away.
ditto, maybe an entire draft
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #15
Justin
Jedi Order

They should lose a pick IMO. An entire year of drafting is just to over the top
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #16
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I think they did, but it isn't the reason they won the game.
I dont know what football you play, but if a team knows what play you are calling not much you can do about it bec they can defense it to the tee.

It's like playing poker and seeing the players card through a mirror. Not much they can do to defense against you
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #17
spenca7
Loki

there is no way that this one video guy created the pats to know the entire plays the whole time. I believe it helped them with a few plays in the second half possibly but to tape it, transmit the play to another coach to affect that play that quick, no way.
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #18
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenca7 View Post
there is no way that this one video guy created the pats to know the entire plays the whole time. I believe it helped them with a few plays in the second half possibly but to tape it, transmit the play to another coach to affect that play that quick, no way.
It doesn't matter, one play could dictate the rest of the game. How many times have you said, "damn if we only had made that first down, things would have been different!"

How do you not know on the play that Chad got hurt was one of the plays that the Pats knew in advance!
Knocking a QB out because they knew which way the QB was going to go wouldn't effect the outcome of the game!?
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #19
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I hate cheaters in games, it completely ruins the point of even playing. If they did do it, I hope they lose their jobs.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #20
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I dont know what football you play, but if a team knows what play you are calling not much you can do about it bec they can defense it to the tee.

It's like playing poker and seeing the players card through a mirror. Not much they can do to defense against you
I'm a Jet fan and as much as I would like to think they had a chance in that game...they didn't. Like someone said earlier every team does this, the Pats just got caught cause Mangini knew how they did it. The Pats are better than everyone besides the Colts. They don't have to cheat to win which makes it an even dumber thing to do.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote