Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 09-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #411
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R. View Post
Perfect! Thanks for the info. The base cards are about as inexpensive as they're ever going to get now, so I'm going to pick and choose a few of my favorites.
enjoy!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #412
Brian R.
The Riddler

Just checked out your pics. Wow! What an awesome set. I'll have to buy a few more now lol! My favorite from the set has to be Man-Thing. He's never been done in Masterpieces before, and I think he looks perfect. A close second is Tiger Shark. One of my favorite characters from the old Sub-Mariner comic.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #413
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Just checked out your pics. Wow! What an awesome set. I'll have to buy a few more now lol! My favorite from the set has to be Man-Thing. He's never been done in Masterpieces before, and I think he looks perfect. A close second is Tiger Shark. One of my favorite characters from the old Sub-Mariner comic.
thanks it is indeed a fabulous set, I waited quite a while because the price for a complete set is pretty insane, but eventually I had to go for it, this is a once in a life time quality set that cant be passed on, and Joe is too good

man-thing and tiger shark do look fantastic and perfectly classic just how I like it. I dont think tiger shark has been done in a masterpieces set before either?

By the time you decide all the singles you want, if its close enough to the cost of getting a complete base set you should just get the base set, the base set isnt too crazy right now, the hardest cards to get are the #82-90 cards but those are never included in the average base set
Old 09-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #414
Brian R.
The Riddler

Tiger Shark has not been done before, no. I just ordered about a dozen of these, mostly characters that Joe never did in the 1992 set. Giant-Man, Wasp, Werewolf by Night etc.. Bonus that these are some of the less expensive ones! The only ones that I can't get for a good price are Captain Marvel and Jean Grey, both of which I'll have to either keep looking for, or pay quite a bit for them.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #415
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Tiger Shark has not been done before, no. I just ordered about a dozen of these, mostly characters that Joe never did in the 1992 set. Giant-Man, Wasp, Werewolf by Night etc.. Bonus that these are some of the less expensive ones! The only ones that I can't get for a good price are Captain Marvel and Jean Grey, both of which I'll have to either keep looking for, or pay quite a bit for them.
best of luck to you on your quest tracking down the cards you want is part of the fun
Old 09-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #416
Brian R.
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
best of luck to you on your quest tracking down the cards you want is part of the fun
I know, right? Going into a card shop and finding the last card you need after searching for weeks is a fantastic feeling.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #417
Brian R.
The Riddler

Just found out IDW publishing is releasing the entire set in book form, featuring every card from the set, including premium cards! As a bonus, Joe has apparently painted 10 new pieces for the book. Man, I cannot wait for this. I only bought a limited number of the cards because of the cost, but I'll be all over this! I just hope a few of the new paintings include the Fantastic Four, now that Disney has purchased Fox, there shouldn't be any reason not to include them.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #418
Brian R.
The Riddler

Just read on another sire that the 10 new paintings will be: The Thng, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Galactus, Firelord, Killraven, Ulik, Viper/Madame Hydra, The Gladiator (DD villain), and Valkyrie. The Mr. Fantastic card that was pulled from the set at the last minute will also be included, along with A Captian America card that didn't get approval from Marvel, and a Magneto/Apocalypse battle card. Fantastic news!
Old 01-24-2018, 01:00 AM   #419
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Just read on another sire that the 10 new paintings will be: The Thng, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Galactus, Firelord, Killraven, Ulik, Viper/Madame Hydra, The Gladiator (DD villain), and Valkyrie. The Mr. Fantastic card that was pulled from the set at the last minute will also be included, along with A Captian America card that didn't get approval from Marvel, and a Magneto/Apocalypse battle card. Fantastic news!
Great news. I'll grab this for sure.

I'll never get a Death's Head picture it seems
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:03 PM   #420
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
awesome news, so glad to see the FF will be included, its not marvel masterpieces without the FF

I hope they release these new paintings as actual cards one day...