Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfoo View Post
Oh, cool. Jerry you really should post a pic of your street fighter collection man! I would love to see that! Who's you fav out of the PF's so far?
You know most of my collection is in boxes. I just dont have room right now to display them.

Im *hoping* to build a display room/office onto my house this summer.

My fav PF so far would be Shadaloo Cammy. Its the only one so far where there is nothing i want to change on it.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
You know most of my collection is in boxes. I just dont have room right now to display them.

Im *hoping* to build a display room/office onto my house this summer.

My fav PF so far would be Shadaloo Cammy. Its the only one so far where there is nothing i want to change on it.
Yes!
She is a beauty!!

Not enough SF fans have her in their collection!

A must buy!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Okay, I'm curious now, What would you have changed on Akuma and Ryu? Both of them are my fav statues and the ONLY thing I would have wanted changed on Akuma is have him in his sandles. You went for third strike Akuma, but never gave him sandles, The Ryu statue, was it you who said a while ago you thought his hands were a bit big? Oh and who is your fav street fighter character?
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Okay, I'm curious now, What would you have changed on Akuma and Ryu? Both of them are my fav statues and the ONLY thing I would have wanted changed on Akuma is have him in his sandles. You went for third strike Akuma, but never gave him sandles, The Ryu statue, was it you who said a while ago you thought his hands were a bit big? Oh and who is your fav street fighter character?
Good question

Akuma - I would resculpt the gloves, teeth and added sandles

Ryu - I would resculpt the gloves given his body a bit more of a lean back (similar to how Guile is) and made his hands slightly smaller . His hands were intentionally large as thats the Alpha style I prefer. But they are just a little too large.

My fav character is Oro as I like badass old guys who fight with one arm tied to their body.

The character I really want to make that will never happen is Sodom (yes I know he is Final Fight orignally). I love his design. But I dont think he would sell enough.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #15
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

I'm staring at my Akuma and now that you mentioned his teeth, I guess re doing them wouldnt have been such a bad idea lol, but I like his gloves. After Bison and Sagat, My most wanted is Fei Long. Love him and I think he would sell well not just to SF fans, but to Bruce lee fans also, you know......Because he looks like him......ahem.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
Niero
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

The character I really want to make that will never happen is Sodom (yes I know he is Final Fight orignally). I love his design. But I dont think he would sell enough.
Maybe a limited run in the future.

Do you have plans for Rose? She's an amazing looking character
Niero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #17
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niero View Post
Maybe a limited run in the future.

Do you have plans for Rose? She's an amazing looking character
The less pieces you make of a character the more expensive each one has to be to bring in the same profit. Id be surprised if I could sell more than 150 Sodoms and at that number theyd have to be $500 each...so then maybe I couldnt even sell 150.

Its a vicious circle.

Rose..yes id like to do Rose. She would make a great statue. But shes not in the works as of right now.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #18
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Hope it would be soon, I would love to see a Rose statue for once. An Ibuki PF would rock also!
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #19
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

I know you plan on doing all the street fighter II characters, super characters I think if done in limited quantities would sell, but are there any plans on alpha characters? PERSONALLY I wouldnt mind if you didnt as I was more a fan of super street fighter II than any of the alpha games. Also because if you leave out alpha, the collection will still feel complete, if you only do a few alpha characters, it wont feel complete unless you did ALL of them.....
Old 02-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #20
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
I know you plan on doing all the street fighter II characters, super characters I think if done in limited quantities would sell, but are there any plans on alpha characters? PERSONALLY I wouldnt mind if you didnt as I was more a fan of super street fighter II than any of the alpha games. Also because if you leave out alpha, the collection will still feel complete, if you only do a few alpha characters, it wont feel complete unless you did ALL of them.....
Ill keep making SF characters as long as enough people buy them.

Right now the minimum number is 200 pcs. If the presales ever come in less than that the statue would get cancelled....as almost happened with Felicia. She was barely worth the trouble of going into production on.

Most companies need far more than 200 pcs to justify production. I am fortunate in that Im one of the few people in the biz that knows how to do everything from license to sculpt to sales to manufacture. Plus I work from my house.

If it werent for those things I would easily have to sell 400 or more pcs to make it worthwhile.

So yeah id love to make the more obscure characters once we are done with the World Warriors.