Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #31
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Beautiful concept. I'd rather just have Medusa though. Why pay hundreds more for the dog. These XM pieces remind me of ARH. 1/4 scale statues with huge, unnecessary bases. I'd rather have her standing with her hair wildly snaking around her.
You're gonna be paying practically the same if you had the dog or not. She would still need a base to sit on right?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #32
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Also she is a queen....great representation of who she is. I would like to see her hair maybe grabbing a chalice or some object while she is sitting down. Knock out two birds with one stone so to speak.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:05 PM   #33
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't get why Lockjaw has to be growling. I like him as a happy puppy and bulldogs have great faces.

Hope that gets changed in the course of production.
That is a great point Demona. I hate to be picky but I do agree. I have 2 Bulldogs (have had this breed pretty much all my life) and that is partly why I have always wanted a Lockjaw statue. I am sure Lockjaw growls, but from what I remember he is usually more subdued facially at least and has a sort of mopey look most of the time, like other Bulldogs usually do.
I would prefer to see him like that too. I remember the comic Thing number 4 from the 80s had a great story where Ben and Lockjaw teamed up to help this purple alien. He looked wonderful in that, drawn by Byrne I think. That would be a kick-ass representation of him...really bulldogy.

One more thing, his head is way too small in proportion to his body. It should be a fair bit bigger than it is in the pic. He is abulldog and head size can vary considerably, but he is usually depicted as having a massive head.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #34
captoz
Nightwing

Maybe have her hair stroking Lockjaw under his chin and he could have his head up more? Would look more majestic and convey the bond they have very nicely.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #35
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I think the problem with making her hair too active would be the potential problems with breakage. Every Sideshow female piece with pieces of flyaway hair had issues. Imagine a Medusa piece with that x1000
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:12 AM   #36
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

From XM Studios Facebook page:

"Some WIP for the Queen and the beast...enjoy"

TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:16 AM   #37
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Can't wait to see it painted up. I do hope they adjust Lockjaw's expression to a bulldog's normally subdued mopey look. I also wonder how the unmasked swap out portrait is gonna be done because that hair is kinda unruly lol.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:18 AM   #38
ambasah
Red Skull

I kind of like his expression.

the more I look at this the more I want it.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:22 AM   #39
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Can't wait to see it painted up. I do hope they adjust Lockjaw's expression to a bulldog's normally subdued mopey look. I also wonder how the unmasked swap out portrait is gonna be done because that hair is kinda unruly lol.
Fair point.
I'd say, Lockjaw + Medusa's body and most of the hair comes in one piece (like Magneto on the throne), they you have the switch out heads with partial hair. Or deatachable hair like on Wonder Woman PF.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #40
AC_808
Hercules

Damn it, she has a nice body! I want her in an upright pose now!

Can she be leaning on Lockjaw or something?! Like her back is against Lockjaw's shoulder and neck while Lockjaw is sitting. Then her legs can be stretched out with her ankles crossed.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote