Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #11
FROBAY
Phoenix

These start shipping in 2 weeks
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #12
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sweet! I’m interested but want to see some in hand pics first
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #13
FROBAY
Phoenix

Got mine. It's heavy and huge. Def 1/4 scale. I like it. I could pick it apart but it's very cool for what it is.

Last edited by FROBAY; 10-24-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #14
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Got mine. It's heavy and huge. Def 1/4 scale. I like it. My only complaint is my Slimer barely glows in the dark. I'll contact HCG.
Do you notice much of a difference between the 2 versions of him? I'd be happy with a discounted regular assuming the glow in dark version wasn't way better looking.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:23 PM   #15
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
Do you notice much of a difference between the 2 versions of him? I'd be happy with a discounted regular assuming the glow in dark version wasn't way better looking.
No real difference. I just talked to HCG and they said to charge the Slimer with light for a few hours after initially taking it out of the box. I'll try and let everyone know.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #16
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

that looks awesome congrats!
also as with anything glow in the dark just shine a bright light at it for a minute or so to charge it (a strong torch will do or hold it up to your room light) the brighter the light you use the more, and quicker, it will charge it
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #17
Sigep756
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Got mine today and neither seem to glow either, even after holding close to light. Still a nice piece and other than I expected.
Sigep756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:34 PM   #18
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
Got mine today and neither seem to glow either, even after holding close to light. Still a nice piece and other than I expected.

Same here, although I have both of mine directly under a light and will check back later tonight. The only glaring issue with mine is that the factory forgot to put a gloss coat on the upper teeth & gums on one of the two Slimers. Easy fix.

I also have to admit the arm seams are pretty bad/noticeable up close , but honestly don't bother me too much when I take a step back and look at the entire piece as a whole. Sort of cracks me up every time I look at it actually lol.

And as already stated, the entire piece is quite large.
I'm happy with mine as well.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
I had to charge mine under the light for 2 hours before it started to glow pretty good.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 AM   #20
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ill never order anything HCG again. The quality is terrible. ON BOTH pieces. Seam lines, bad molds, missing pieces or air bubbles they just painted over, big runs of bubbled glue going into the mouth and I mean big, an inch long for a small mouth. HONESTLY i wasnt expecting much from this, but I was expecting better than this. EVERY time ive considered a piece from this company, people have told me not to. I should of listened and sold such pieces since then. But then I see another prototype and it looks good, so I give it and............same deal. If this were a toy from TOYS R US, I could accept the quality, but not for $600 cdn. THe only things that kinda pass is the guns, if your not too picky. They just dont have the same standards as other companies and thats why there prices usually reflect this and you think your getting a deal. Your not. But hey, my opinion, and Ive just come to expect better. Last purchase from them.
heman is offline   Reply With Quote