Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
This would be sooooooooo cool if it gets the green light! opps spelled his last name wrong lol

http://www.newsarama.com/film/del-to...velopment.html
You also spelled "oops" wrong. JK with ya....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #22
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Del Toro recently talked about the movie

“Justice League Dark is very active. I’m doing one more revision while we wait for the writer. It’s somebody big, [and] we’re patiently waiting for that writer. I think it’s worth it, I think it’s a guy we all admire. I’m doing my revisions on my sort of Bible, on my story for the film. I can tell you it’s the writing project I’ve enjoyed the most in English. Devil’s Backbone and Pan’s Labyrinth are in Spanish, but of all my writing and screenplays, this was so much fun because it was character. It was a pretty easy plot, but the character interaction, Swamp Thing with Deadman and Demon, it’s so joyful for me to write that. Constantine is such a great character, so dry. I think it could be a great movie. I don’t want to do many changes until the proper writer comes onboard.”
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #23
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This would be so cool!! Especially with characters like Swamp Thing that involve make up Del Toro is the Man Creating awesome looking makeup characters
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Del Toro Talks ‘Justice League Dark’
http://screenrant.com/justice-league...-dc-movies-tv/
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #25
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I really don't know anything about this team, but I was wondering if the Spectre is a part of this team or not?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #26
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I really don't know anything about this team, but I was wondering if the Spectre is a part of this team or not?
spectre is not on the team, maybe in the flick but not the book
sorry
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
It would make sense but no he isn't affiliated with them.

Here is a list of current and former members...

Current:
  • John Constantine – A working class Liverpudlian magician. Originally from Swamp Thing and protagonist of long running Vertigo title Hellblazer. Became the leader of the group in issue 9.
  • Black Orchid – A new shapeshifting version of Black Orchid. Revealed to be Alba Garcia, an A.R.G.U.S. Agent who worked under Col. Steve Trevor. Joined in issue 9.
  • Deadman – The ghost of an assassinated acrobat who can possess the bodies of the dead. Originally featured in Strange Adventures #205. More recently featured in Blackest Night and Brightest Day.
    Frankenstein – An erudite creature created by Viktor Frankenstein, Frankenstein first assists the team in the Justice League Dark Annual #1. He chooses to stay with the team in issue 14, out of a sense of responsibility towards Zatanna and Tim Hunter.
  • Madame Xanadu – A mystic and fortune teller. Originally featured in Doorway to Nightmare. More recently featured in One Year Later and Flashpoint. She has previously dealt with John Constantine in the plot of Neil Gaiman's Books of Magic mini-series, where their relationship is fraught, as he has deceived her in the past. She brought the team together.

Unknown status: As of Justice League Dark #21, the status of the following is unknown:
  • Swamp Thing – First assisted the team in the "Horror City" storyline, issues 19-21. DC editor Brian Cunningham has stated that Swamp Thing "will be sticking around for a while."

Former members:
  • Shade, the Changing Man – A hero with the power to warp reality. Originally featured in his own title, by Steve Ditko, and was later 'rebooted' in Peter Milligan's run on the series in the late 80s and early 90s. He was featured in a crossover event in Hellblazer in 2010, also written by Peter Milligan, although it is unclear if this will affect events in this title. He was also a member of the Secret Seven during the Flashpoint storyline. He is tasked with bringing the team together at the behest of Madame Xanadu. Left the team in issue 8 after losing control of the M-Vest.
  • Mindwarp – An original character created by Peter Milligan for Flashpoint. In the event, he was a member of the Secret Seven. Jay Young is a man who possesses the powers of telepathy and astral projection. He may be aware of the Fourth Wall as evidenced by his reading Peter Milligan's Secret Seven mini-series and the Flashpoint title Deadman and the Flying Graysons. Introduced in issue 3 and left in issue 5.
  • Doctor Mist – The A.R.G.U.S supernatural expert and consultant, he is tasked alongside Black Orchid to keep watch on Constantine. He is later revealed to be a spy working for Felix Faust. He tries to redeem himself by opening a portal to another dimension to save Tim Hunter and Zatanna. Joined in issue #9 and left the team after it was revealed he was working for Faust in issue 11.
  • Princess Amaya of House Amethyst – A fantasy princess from the world of Nilaa, and the main character of the Sword of Sorcery series. She is summoned to Earth in an effort to reconnect Tim Hunter with magic in the Justice League Dark Annual #1. Last seen with the team in issue 14. Afterwards, she returned to Nilaa.
  • Andrew Bennett – A centuries old vampire from the title I, Vampire. Becomes a member of Justice League Dark as a favor to Constantine and is forcibly induced permanently by him. Left the team in issue 14.
  • Timothy Hunter – First introduced in issue 11, Timothy is a boy destined to wield and open the Books of Magic. He gave up his magic to save his father, but it was brought back when he shook Amethyst's hand. Timothy decides to stays in the alternate dimension as a wizard-king with his father, at the end of issue 18.
  • Zatanna – A stage magician. Recently she starred in her own title written by Paul Dini and was part of the Secret Seven during Flashpoint. She has previously been romantically involved with John Constantine. After assisting the Justice League during the "Throne of Atlantis" storyline, she will team up with the Justice League in issue 22 for "Trinity War". Left the Justice League Dark after issue 18
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Keep in mind del Toro has designs to deviate considerably from the established lineup of characters. The Spectre is one of the characters he has gone on record as saying will be in the film.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #29
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

man i cant wait to see this film.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #30
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm still skeptical if this will be ever made.