Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I beg to Differ...JAWS 4 was pretty Sh!tty! and that's being nice...LOL
Jaws stank after the second one, if you chose to carry on watching them after that then you've only got yourself to blame
Same goes for the Batman series but with Highlander we had an amazing first movie with a sequel that looked like it was being written as it was being filmed. It doesn't even make sense for gods sake and it's akin to making Jaws 2 and using a Tuna.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Jaws stank after the second one, if you chose to carry on watching them after that then you've only got yourself to blame
Same goes for the Batman series but with Highlander we had an amazing first movie with a sequel that looked like it was being written as it was being filmed. It doesn't even make sense for gods sake and it's akin to making Jaws 2 and using a Tuna.
lol ....you know what after seeing Jaws 3, you might be right...
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
and Michael Caine
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
Best Sequel
1. Godfather 2 \ LOTR ROTK
Worst Sequel
1. Batman and Robin 2. Mission Impossible 2
As much as I loathe MI2, the first one really wasn't that great to begin with.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #25
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Asher and I watched the original and remake of The Thing this past week. As much as I love Kurt Russell, the remake was awesome.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #26
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think all three movies of "The Thing" are good in their own ways.

John Carpenter's certainly is the best of the three.

Is Michael Bay's Friday the 13th the worst remake of all time of any franchise?

I think it is very possible. Just off the top of my head,

Jared Padelecki's character stumbles down the subterranean lair of Jason (I know, WTF?) to find his sister alive and tied up!!! WHY? And she has been down there for like, weeks. No food, water, (unless Jason has been feeding her) but she appears reasonably fine.

Jason who must weigh about 200 lbs minimum climbs up on the house that the kids are hiding in twice and both times to my recollection he makes no sound whatsoever that alerts them than he is walking around on the roof.

In the same part of the film one of the kids actually pulls out a loaded firearm, to which Jared P's character says "You have a GUN????" as if to mean, get rid of that what are you trying to do, protect us all from getting killed?

Same part of the film, the kid starts shooting his gun literally at walls, a pair of shoes, and nothing until it is empty.

Let's not forget that Jason's "house" or fortress or whatever it is has working electricity which I don't think is being supplied by a gas generator. So just who is paying those bills? Jason? Is his name on the electric bill? And the lights on this building, I mean the thing could be seen from space it is so lit up. Isn't the camp all closed down? Does anyone notice that someone is living in the camp, and using a great deal of electricity?
Old 11-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #27
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Is Michael Bay's Friday the 13th the worst remake of all time of any franchise?.
not even close. it wasn't perfect but it at least tried to stay relatively in line with what Jason always has been. unlike the piece of crap Halloween Remake and the equally awful Nightmare on Elm Street.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #28
johnclone
The Enchantress

Nightmare on Elm Street was a turd, I'll agree to that. Very poor casting of Freddy, I think. But was it worse than Michael Bay's FT13th? Hmm.

Halloween 2 by R. Zombie was so bad I don't even like to think about it. And the first part was almost as bad.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:44 PM   #29
MrYac
Hercules

at least Friday had at it's heart the core. bunch of dumb kids getting killed in the woods. sure he added way more then we needed to know about what Jason does on his off hours but at least he didn't give him some ridiculous backstory. like I said not a great movie, but not only was it not the worst of the recent classic slasher remakes, it wasn't even the worst of the Friday the 13th movies.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #30
johnclone
The Enchantress

Jason in space is not a remake or I'd vote for that one in a second as the worst of all time. I know this thread has sequels in the title, but I just wanted to think about remakes/reboots.