Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #221
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Flash so far. They CGI work being done on this show with Grodd and King Shark have been awesome! Why, oh, why couldn't Agents of Shield done some nice CGI for Mr. Hyde when they had him on last year. Kyle McLaflin ended up looking like a hideous old homeless guy instead of like a cool monstrous villain as Hyde should look. Hooray for the Flash! It's been a fun ride and I hope it continues to deliver.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #222
protector2814
Phoenix

Did not think I'd ever see this outside of comics or the Justice League cartoon -

Season II is just kicking a$$!. The Flash/Arrow team-up arc is looking good in the teaser. I also very much enjoyed the sneak-peek of the new character in this week's episode.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #223
protector2814
Phoenix

So, what did you all think about part I of this season's Flash/Green Arrow crossover? It was fun, of course, seeing both teams together, but the banter between them felt a little "written" & forced at time. Thoroughly enjoyed the villain although his acceptance of Barry's powers seemed a little underwhelming. The set up for CW's Legends of Tomorrow kicked off but I was a little off-put by the non-explanation of where the wings come from. A lot of characters in this crossover, not too sure if it's gonna work.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #224
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Would have rated the crossover extremely high so far, these types of events and constantine will be the only good Arrow eps. this season I'm afraid...
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #225
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I usually like their crossovers but this one felt forced, as if the Arrow writers wrote the Arrow parts and the Flash writers wrote the Flash parts and they merged it together. It lacked the cohesiveness of the previous team ups but that could be due to the amount of characters as well as some lazy writing
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #226
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Anyone else bothered by how poorly Patty's character is treated by almost everyone else on the show?

Maybe I'm just a sucker for sympathetic (and very pretty) characters like her, but I found it almost laughable during last nights crossover episode when
Spoiler
she shot who she believed to be Earth-1 Wells, after having just warned him not to move, only to be met with harsh reactions from both Caitlin and Joe. Instead of, you know, an explanation. The very thing that could've prevented the situation in the first place.

Not usually one to get worked up over a show, but I found that whole sub-plot absolutely ridiculous. Elicited a big, "Are you ****ing serious?" from both my girlfriend and I.

That aside, I enjoyed the rest of the episode. Some sloppy writing here and there, but seeing more heroes get thrown into the mix is always a treat. Vandal was really fun to watch as well. High hopes for Legends of Tomorrow.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #227
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

agreed young wolf, I thought that was strange, especially Joe's reaction
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #228
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Loved season 1 and I'm liking season 2 even more. The cross over was great though there were for sure points I thought were silly. In all honesty I'm not too excited for Legends of tomorrow, looks like it may be a bit too campy for me.

Vandal Savage was a great antagonist for the crossover too.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #229
built2shred
Phoenix

I liked Felicity in the first two seasons of The Arrow, but this season she just annoys me so bad.... The whole relationship thing with her and Arrow just doesn't work... Arrow is best when he's dark and moody, when he plays the happy guy dating Felicity it feels so wrong, it's not who he is.... I'm guessing the producers are forcing this to try and get more female viewers, but it's just so cringe worthy...

Not digging the actress who plays Hawk Girl, her huge overbite is distracting and her acting is rather weak.

I thought the actor who played Vandal Savage was a good pick, his acting was spot on for the role....

Crossover was maybe 7/10 at best...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #230
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I liked Felicity in the first two seasons of The Arrow, but this season she just annoys me so bad.... The whole relationship thing with her and Arrow just doesn't work... Arrow is best when he's dark and moody, when he plays the happy guy dating Felicity it feels so wrong, it's not who he is.... I'm guessing the producers are forcing this to try and get more female viewers, but it's just so cringe worthy...

Not digging the actress who plays Hawk Girl, her huge overbite is distracting and her acting is rather weak.

I thought the actor who played Vandal Savage was a good pick, his acting was spot on for the role....

Crossover was maybe 7/10 at best...
Yup, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Would maybe give the crossover an 8 just because of that scene that was right out of Flashpoint paradox.

Arrow is annoying me this season. Pretty much all of it. But I can post about that in it's own thread I suppose.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote