Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #131
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Is comic book Supergirl written like she is in this show? If so I might pick up some trades. I have to say of the three DC shows which I am enjoying she is without doubt my favourite lead such a charming and beautiful actress.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #132
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Is comic book Supergirl written like she is in this show? If so I might pick up some trades. I have to say of the three DC shows which I am enjoying she is without doubt my favourite lead such a charming and beautiful actress.

She's actually even more endearing in interviews.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #133
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
She is nothing like this in the New 52 stuff I have read. They made her really edgy and felt the need to write an amount of disdain for humanity into her character. She is/was a Red Lantern if that gives you an idea of what direction they took her

I prefer the innocent, fresh faced and good natured approach of the show myself.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #134
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
She is nothing like this in the New 52 stuff I have read. They made her really edgy and felt the need to write an amount of disdain for humanity into her character. She is/was a Red Lantern if that gives you an idea of what direction they took her

I prefer the innocent, fresh faced and good natured approach of the show myself.
New 52, nuff said.

I like the approach the show it taking with Supergirl. We'll get enough brooding and darkness from the DC movies.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:52 AM   #135
built2shred
Phoenix

What's up with the general's red eyes? I'm Guessing Martian Manhunter?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:34 AM   #136
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
What's up with the general's red eyes? I'm Guessing Martian Manhunter?
He's Hank Henshaw; so he is the show's version of Cyborg Superman; yet to be developed or revealed.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #137
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Might as well cast Supergirl as a Hispanic then.

The movie-comics world has been demographic conscious for some time, i.e, Kingpin, Human Torch, Nick Fury, Alicia Masters, Iris West, Heimdall, Pete Ross, Catwoman, Harvey Dent... I imagine there are a few others as well. I do not see it changing any time soon. This must have a positive financially somewhere or else they wouldn't keep doing it.

In comics, we've also seen it happen, though more like replacements to the originals than complete makeovers, with major players like Spiderman, Captain America, and Iron Man, and so on. My sense is we'll eventually see an Asian Superman, an African American Batman, a Hispanic Wonder Woman, an Arab Rogue. It's the sign of times. Everyone must play in the sandbox together. Ideally, I think it would be best if creators simply created now heroes and villains but it would neither the creativity and patience is there for that.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #138
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
at least Alba tried to look the part, I don't see them putting a red wig on Black-Jimmy though.
There are people of African descent with natural red hair. So not putting a red wig on Jimmy has nothing to do with him being black.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #139
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Don't piss off Kara!

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:48 AM   #140
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/n...girl-episodes/
Posted on Nov 30, 2015 11:30am

Good news, Supergirl fans! CBS has officially given TV's hottest hero a super thumbs-up, ordering seven more action-packed episodes.

The freshman drama will soar through its first season with a grand total of 20 full episodes, joining fellow newbies Life In Pieces, Limitless, and Code Black as successful first-year shows. With an average of 11.24 million viewers per week, it's no wonder Supergirl has flown to the top.

Never miss a moment of Supergirl by tuning in Mondays at 8/7c or watching on CBS All-Access.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote