Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #1781
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That was one of the best episodes in a few years.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #1782
Python
Omega Red

Best of Capaldis for sure, I'm looking forward to maybe seeing him turn a bit dark, it suits him imo, might go the other way of course.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:36 AM   #1783
jamepeytoni011
Kindly Asked To Leave

Looking forward as it seems they were aware of the shortfallings of last season, or one hopes.
jamepeytoni011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:17 PM   #1784
Babytoxie
Ghost

I'm now caught up through the current season. I like Bill, the new companion, and the episodes for this season have been decent so far.

But what I really came here to do is gripe about Class, the spinoff set at Coal Hill Academy. The previews made it seem like it was a show geared towards younger viewers - along the lines of The Sarah Jane Adventures (my 8 year-old daughter, who regularly watches Doctor Who with us, was really looking forward to it). Well, no such luck. It's full of violence, gratuitous gore, profanity, masturbation jokes, and even ass-shots, and all at the expense of decent plots. We cut her off after the premiere and are ready to bail after three episodes. It's just awful.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #1785
Babytoxie
Ghost

"Empress of Mars"

I regard this episode as one of the 12th Doctor's best. It goes back to the basics with a tried-and-true anachronistic plot device and a well-established alien race. Even better - the conclusion ties into a classic storyline from the early '70s, which really blew my mind.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #1786
Babytoxie
Ghost

"World Enough, And Time"

I have absolutely no idea where they are going with this two-parter, aside from the opening scene of the Twelfth Doctor's possible regeneration, but it was completely nuts, in a very good way. Once again, we get a story with strong ties to classic Who - this time, from waaaaaay back in 1966 (the First Doctor!). An excellent set-up involving a generation ship trapped at the horizon of a black hole provides some mind-bending physics, and once again, it appears that Bill is done for.

The writers are finally pulling their heads out during Capaldi's final season, but it's too little, too late. This show needs to take an extended break and regroup.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:58 PM   #1787
Babytoxie
Ghost

"The Doctor Falls"

Whoa... An entertaining yet very dark season finale, and the Master/Missy paradox will keep me thinking for some time. Thankfully, Bill's storyline left off on a happy note, and I appreciated them leaving it open, for I've really enjoyed her as a companion. And on top of all that, the final scene was amazing! No spoilers, but let's just say that this is something I've been hoping for since post #1752 of this thread.

Definitely looking forward to the Christmas Special!