Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-28-2016, 10:55 PM   #31
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
I did see a picture, I said "completed or near completed" in my post because while he worded it as if the piece is finished, it looked a bit unfinished/rushed in parts.
I replied asking if there is more work to be done or if it's finished. We'll see how/if he responds.
good news

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:11 PM   #32
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Such a shame...
I was planning on requesting another commission from him.
Such a talent.
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:24 PM   #33
Mfinn123
Hydra

So I commissioned Felipe years ago....waited and nothing ever happened. His agent refunded the money and I said let me know when he gets free. He did months later and I paid when the piece was done. I got a great piece but lots of hassle.
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:36 PM   #34
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
Was yours the one he posted today on Instagram?
Kilowog showering?
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:31 PM   #35
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yup, it's mine. Plan was to display it in our master bathroom, but since he took a year to do it with basically zero correspondence that spot has been taken up by a lovely Heubert Khan Michael instead. Faster, more affordable, better communication.

Also still no communication from Felipe. Guess if he wants the second half of the payment he'll have to say something eventually.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #36
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
Yup, it's mine. Plan was to display it in our master bathroom, but since he took a year to do it with basically zero correspondence that spot has been taken up by a lovely Heubert Khan Michael instead. Faster, more affordable, better communication.

Also still no communication from Felipe. Guess if he wants the second half of the payment he'll have to say something eventually.
Contextualized, that's actually pretty fun LOL. If I saw that in someone's bathroom, well, I think I'd have a new best friend.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:38 AM   #37
Shiz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I started this thread, I thought i should update it.

So 2 months ago I wrote him and asked what's up, and he told me I was next and that my prelim sketch was done. He said I could expect to see it that night or the next day.

You guys are never going to believe this, but it never showed up!

In fact, I haven't heard back from him at all!

At this point I'm wondering if he even remembers what I asked for.
Shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #38
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfinn123 View Post
So I commissioned Felipe years ago....waited and nothing ever happened. His agent refunded the money and I said let me know when he gets free. He did months later and I paid when the piece was done. I got a great piece but lots of hassle.
Is he still even repped or was he dropped?
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #39
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
So 2 months ago I wrote him and asked what's up, and he told me I was next and that my prelim sketch was done. He said I could expect to see it that night or the next day.

You guys are never going to believe this, but it never showed up!
I should chime in this is the exact tactic he used on me, said the piece was at X stage ("The sketch is done" "It's almost done") and that I'd get a scan of it that day/that night, then total silence for months and no replies to emails. I eventually did get my piece after a year from paying for it (though never saw any sketches or any progress, would have liked to.) Not sure what I can recommend other than keep trying to get in contact. Good luck...
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #40
Shiz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanks!

Yeah, it's that weird mentality where you've already invested a lot of $, and you've waited so long, that you want it to be worth it in the end.

If I can't get my money back, I at least want it to be the best version of it it can be, and not have it be rushed and of inferior quality because it was an obligation to be crossed off a list to get it over with.

It's an awkward position to be in, and one it seems like a lot of artists take advantage of. I guess you just have to hope that rather than have the time that passed result in animosity -- "HERE YOU GO YOU PAIN IN MY ASS!" -- that it does the opposite, and they want to do the best they can to restore their reputation after professional and personal embarrassment. "I'm sorry it took so long, allow me to blow your socks off!!"
Shiz is offline   Reply With Quote