Originally Posted by zeus View Post
But they had the Licence for Conan.
Doesn't appear so.

Link
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #103
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Is this for Conan the Sacrifice or Conan from Frazetta?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #104
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Is this for Conan the Sacrifice or Conan from Frazetta?
My guess would be Conan the Sacrifice.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #105
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

They announced they had gotten the licence and they produced that statue.who knows lies/truth .
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #106
dao2
Cyclops

They had the frazetta license, they also used to have conan which they helped get settled through sideshow IIRC (as the original barbarian wasn't supposed to be conan but ended up being that way). Could be they take issue of stuff being sold later and such.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #107
SAB380
The X-Men

The Frazetta statue is just titled ‘The Barbarian’ and isn’t part of Conan properties.
It has to be something to do with Conan The Sacrifice but I remember that being shown on the old official Conan site.
I’m guessing it’s something to do with finer points like international territories, expiry dates, etc..
Would be interested to know the details.

It’s a shame it likely means no more Conan from ARH.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #108
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
The Frazetta statue is just titled ‘The Barbarian’ and isn’t part of Conan properties.
It has to be something to do with Conan The Sacrifice but I remember that being shown on the old official Conan site.
I’m guessing it’s something to do with finer points like international territories, expiry dates, etc..
Would be interested to know the details.

It’s a shame it likely means no more Conan from ARH.
I hope ARH now learned the lesson after being sued to just stick with Greek Mythology, Historical and Comix bimbos..no more puny jungle boys fighting chimps or ugly barbarians saving blow up dolls and riding on over grown deformed animals..

bring on HADES and Alexander!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:26 AM   #109
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
I hope ARH now learned the lesson after being sued to just stick with Greek Mythology, Historical and Comix bimbos..no more puny jungle boys fighting chimps or ugly barbarians saving blow up dolls and riding on over grown deformed animals..

bring on HADES and NAKED Alexander!
Fixed this for you!

But yeah, totally agree, focus on Mythology, you don't need no stupid license and there's plenty of Goddesses to speak to "the masses"
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #110
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Just my two cents:

I dont know who of you got the Conan The Sacrifice dio in hand at home to judge this piece of art.

I got a lot of statues as some of you knowing and I always asking people watching my collection in person at home WHICH 3 STATUES DO YOU LIKE BEST and WHICH ONE IMPESSES YOU MOST -> asking for the top three. NEARLY everybody names the Conan The Sacrifice diorama as one of the top three best personal taste statue.

I can understand the optinion some people dont like the girl but I personally repainted the eyes of her and for me she isnt as bad as a lot of people put her into the light at forums. As I said at start of this post, I dont know how much people really got the dio at home and can judging it. But isnt it funny a lot of people liking the dio when I asking them when they looking at my hugh collection?

I dont care about haters and I can handle personal taste but its not neutral to put a really cool statue into such a bad light or into bad words and trying neutral persons to influance to judging everything bad of ARH.

If you see this Conan The Sacrifice dio in real its really good and its a shame its now under this license problems into a bad light. Anyway ... I dont care about the laywers and ----storm... fact is:

Lot of people liking it when seeing it in person and also non collecting people are impressed seeing it beside of a lot of Sideshow or XM or PCS or.... XY statues.

So all I can say is buy what you like and dont talk about things you can not judging cause not having it in person or your collection.

JUST MY 2 CENTS.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote