Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-03-2018, 10:25 PM   #21
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
The sad part is that DC doesnt even seem to care.

And even sadder is that we, especially me, seem to keep giving them our money.
I was really shocked bc I got Cover Girls Bleez recently. Both statues have similar finger posing. Bleez's fingers were made with porcelain and look great (especially with the metallic paint).

I guess DC used PVC for Vixen's arms/fingers to avoid breakage since a lot of other statues with outstretched fingers got damaged during transit (Cover Girls Mera comes to mind), but this obviously isn't a good solution.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #22
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I was really shocked bc I got Cover Girls Bleez recently. Both statues have similar finger posing. Bleez's fingers were made with porcelain and look great (especially with the metallic paint).

I guess DC used PVC for Vixen's arms/fingers to avoid breakage since a lot of other statues with outstretched fingers got damaged during transit (Cover Girls Mera comes to mind), but this obviously isn't a good solution.
Cover Girls Bleez is the best one of all the Covergirls in terms of sculpt, paint, and quality as far as I'm concerned
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #23
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
The sad part is that DC doesnt even seem to care.

And even sadder is that we, especially me, seem to keep giving them our money.
They really don't give a damn.

Just look at the recent Aquaman and Mera, Harley's Holiday and Batman vs. Harley statues. Those have horrendous QC issues and never should have been released, but they put them out anyway. I believe they also said the Batman vs. Harley statues would be recalled and reworked, but I don't think that ever happened.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #24
Gothamite
Phoenix

I just got around to posting these in the main Bombshells thread. Be on the lookout for excess glue where the legs are attached to the torso.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #25
Gothamite
Phoenix

Dupe
Old 08-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #26
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Unhappy This picture gives me nightmares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
If you're thinking about getting Vixen, don't order her during the summer if you live in a hot location. The PVC arms get soft and even crack during transit.

I have a modest collection of predominantly Catwoman statues dating back to the 2000's. My worst fear is that one day when I finally get around to displaying them I'll open them up and they'll all be cracked like this. Something pretty bad happened to me with my Adam Hughes Wonder Woman vs. a Hydra statue. About four years ago when we were packing to move to our new place I opened up all my statues to admire them and to tell them I love them and to say that I'm still not ready to display them yet but perhaps soon. Anyway, I get to unboxing Diana and she was broken at the wrist that she was choking the Hydra with. She was exactly as beautiful as the production pictures. Beautifully painted candy apple red lipstick and Revlon worthy hair and she broke on me. Her face was flawless all the paint was Gucci and she just died that day. Sigh. I've never gotten over that.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #27
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Anyway, I only have Wonder Woman and Catwoman and they're both beautiful however, I did have to return my first Catwoman for a few reasons. First the cat had a chipped ear and that really bugged me. Then I noticed her crossed leg was slightly separated at the thigh I believe it was. The replacement was perfect except again there was a problem with the Kitty. It looks as if the tail has a crack on it but glued back together. Whatever, I decided to just keep it instead of risking another one. Its only noticeable to me anyway. I love her she's pretty. She reminds me of Morena Baccarin.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote