Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-09-2018, 07:38 AM   #6611
aslan_gfx
Birdman

Hey Alex, is there a Iron Man Mark 50 (Infinity War armor) LSF in the pipeline? Legacy Effects Maquette?
aslan_gfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #6612
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hello Alex,

Can we get confirmation that the Thor Breaker of Brimstone PF and Rogue Maquette are both in 1/4 scale? It isnt mentioned anywhere on the sales pages.

Could I recommend that those kind of things are included so we know pre-purchasing that they will fit in with all our other purchased statues?

Thank you and hope all is well
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #6613
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hello Alex,

Can we get confirmation that the Thor Breaker of Brimstone PF and Rogue Maquette are both in 1/4 scale? It isnt mentioned anywhere on the sales pages.

Could I recommend that those kind of things are included so we know pre-purchasing that they will fit in with all our other purchased statues?

They are both 1/4 scale... PF=1/4
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:43 PM   #6614
rofa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Alex,

Is there any chance sideshow is gonna sell the invicta marvel watches?

Greetings Ronald.
rofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #6615
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
They are both 1/4 scale... PF=1/4
Rogue is clearly listed as a Maquette and the titles seem to be varying lately so I just figured it was worth the official question.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #6616
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I see that you guys are now indication on your website under "Additional Details & Dimensions" and next to the "Material" word the following....

Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm. For exposures to both listed carcinogens and reproductive toxicants.

This is the first I'm noticing this. This is good to know.
Thank you
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #6617
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

A piece of mine just got cancelled by sideshow it was on flex will I get my flex payments back?
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:44 AM   #6618
Rancorkill
Fantastic Four

Hi Alex
Pretty quiet on the Star Wars PF lately.
1. Any chance SS will make ESB bounty hunters beyond Boba Fett PF? Bossk, Dengar, IG-88, 4-LOM and Zuckuss need the 1/4 treatment!

2. Any plans to make PFs from Solo? Would love to see young Solo PF and Enfys Nest PF!

3. Still would love to see a 1/4 Jabba the Hutt, Wicket and Wampa PFs. Can you please pass along to the powers-that-be to make them happen?
Rancorkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #6619
ukshaun
Hercules

I spotted this today on the Sideshow website"
Polystone - Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm. For exposures to both listed carcinogens and reproductive toxicants.

I remember someone on this board complaining about the smell that came from a broken statue, and asked is it safe to sleep in the same room as statues?

Seeing the Sideshow warning. I'm wondering, is it safe to sleep in the same room as statues?
I've been aware, after unboxing a new piece, the toxic smell of polystyrene, paint, possibly polystone fresh out the box. The fumes from my Prime 1 Harley Quinn took a good 3 days to clear from the room.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #6620
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Alex, “suspension”? Does that mean that the hand we see in the preview photo may be the only point of contact/stableization into the base? Aka floating/flying effect? (No feet in base)

Lastly, is she next for order? After Emma following week maybe or should we expect a few weeks between these x-ladies.

Thank you.
As you've seen, the hand is the only touch point on this piece.

The breakdown of final engineering of this piece will be known closer to the ship date of Rogue. Even though engineering is decided upon as it enters the manufacturing phase there is always a possibility that tweaks could occur to the breakdown once the various testing processes (such as drop testing) begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
Hello Alex,
Some years ago, Sideshow produced a 1/4 scale God of War statue from God of War 3. I was wondering does Sideshow still have the license? I (as well as many others) would love to see a new 1/4 scale statue of the new GOD OF WAR GAME! Is that something that is possibly happening in the near future? Many Thanks!
Sideshow no longer has the God of War license but we do distribute items from that franchise from time to time. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex

whats the reason that Shieve is now being shelved?

and also what about the new shard that is no longer on the coming soon list?
Both pieces have been placed on the back burner at this time. I don't know the reasons unfortunately. I just know it was decided to not move forward with them as collectibles to be released at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Hi Alex, can you tell me if the new Emma PF can be displayed without her cape? I see that her cape is attached to an X-emblem. Does the round X-emblem have a pin on the back that attaches to a hole in Emma's chest? Is that the setup used to hold Emma's cape in place?
Sorry to say that the final breakdown of this piece won't be known until we're closer to the shipping time frame for her. Her full assembly breakdown (such as the chance the cape could or could not come off to display her with or without it) will be part of the unboxing video that will release before she being shipping to customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Hi SS/Alex, are there any plans for more Ralph McQuarrie inspired Star Wars statues?
Even if you finish off the line with a Luke Starkiller that would be an awesome way to do it....
There are no plans for future McQuarrie pieces at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Honestly Alex, can you FIND out what gives here. Sideshow can release 3+ versions of the same characters, but cant or WONT put out one Flash?! Cant even get out a 1/6 version for crying out loud.

At least give a reason so collectors and Sideshow fans or once Sideshow fans can get behind the reason with an understanding. Why is Sideshow so above some transparency? Especially if Sideshow wants to monopolize the DC 1/4 scale market.

It makes no sense especially when other companies don't have a problem, regardless of scale.

Sorry, if I had the reasons why for the delays or non-reprenstation of characters I would certainly pass them along. I know that a 1:4 Flash is still not out of the realm of the possibility but I couldn't tell you when it would actually happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAssassin View Post
Hi Alex. I know this is circa 2015, but will this Darth Maul PFF ever see the light of day? Thanks as always for taking the time to answer our questions.
Sorry but that is not a project that moved forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_jedi View Post
Hi, have C3PO & R2-D2 Legendary Scale Figure released or shipped to Simply Toys (Sideshow distributor in Singapore)? It's been a long time since PO date..
Unfortunately I do not work within Sideshow's wholesale division, so I don't have information regarding fulfillment of product for official Sideshow distributors. Have you reached out to Simply Toy directly to see if they have any info as to when they are expecting to receive their stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Hi, I really like the Animated Series line that was just revealed, BUT, are the seams on the arms of Batman and Superman going to be removed for the final product?

Thanks.
Some of the seams seen on the prototypes for these pieces will not be as prominent in the pieces folks will receive in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
How come there is not one new* reveal for SDCC in the STAR WARS 1/4 Premium Format line ???

(* had to edit this post as you just announced AGAIN a Vader PF ... im talking about new characters in my question...)
There are some new ones (yes, even a few new characters never done in PF form before) in the pipeline but the earliest time framed they would be revealed would be at varying points in 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Hello Alex,
Are all the statues on SDCC prototypes or are the production samples mixed in there as well?
There was a mix of prototypes and production samples on display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Hey Alex,

I like to specify my question a little.

A few years back, Sideshow took great "risk" choices in Star Wars characters, who are not considered "A" characters..

Im thinking of Aaayla, Shaak Ti, Talon, Malgus.. Tusken Raider..all of them are sold out and in high demand in the after market..

How come SSC is rotating since after Shaak Ti over and over the same characters instead of reaching out to so many characters that are high in demand and not been produced yet??

(while having most of your current SW Statues still in stock and not selling)
A list characters will more often than not be revisited more often simply due to the fact they are A list. That doesn't mean non A-listers won't be of course. As I said above some never-before-seen characters are expected to get the PF treatment in the future but it will be a little while before those are revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoff View Post
Hi Alex, congrats and thank you to you and all of the Sideshow team for probably the best SDCC showing ever!

Re the Justice League New 52 Prime 1 pieces - I know these are 1/4 scale but are they out of scale with Sideshows own Premium Formats? I have seen pics that make their Green Lantern look like 1/5 beside Sideshows pieces.

It's cool if so, both Sideshow and Prime 1 pieces are great - would just be good to know if the 2 types cant be mixed and matched as it would just make me wait for (hopefully) eventual Premium Formats of Flash, Cyborg, etc to go with the new trinity that I definitely plan on getting...
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to compare Sideshow DC PFs and Prime 1/Sideshow New 52 pieces side by side to really see if there are significant size differences. The new 52 pieces do tend to have much bigger footprint/presence bases of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey Alex,

Great show this year. I LOVE the legendary scale Yoda. It looked fantastic on display. I noticed that the dragonfly was missing. Is it being reworked or was it just not displayed for SDCC?

I was a little sad to see that the Boba 1:1 bust wasn't there. Are there any updates on the production that you might be able to share?

Thanks!
It must have gotten missed on the final build of that piece. It's never been relayed to me that any changes were occurring for that part on that piece.

Sadly we can't bring everything to the show to display. I have no updates on the Boba Fett 1:1 Bust at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Hello Alex,

congratulations to you and the whole Sideshow team. What a great SDCC. Soooo many fine statues on display this year.

The only thing I was truly missing was "Masters of the Universe". I was expecting to see at least one new character, to be honest. But nothing? I really hope that you plan to continue that fantastic line, especially since Tweeterhead announced some great stuff to come in the near future a few months back. Do you have any news regarding MotU? Any hint? Or at least the confirmation that the line will continue? Pretty please?

Greetings from Germany and keep up the good work.
Future MOTU pieces will be coming from Tweeterhead, so I don't know what is coming down the pipeline for that line right now. I know it is supposed to continue for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
Hey Alex,

1. Do you know if there's any update on when Psylocke will go up for PO and if you are able to confirm if she will come with a COH?

2. Do you know the chances of seeing anymore Danger Girl PFs? (Sydney Savage)

3. Do you know the chance that we will see more Marvel J Scott Campbell statues? (X-Women)
Psylocke is expected to Pre-Order sometime in September. I don't have the full/final breakdown of all that will be included with that piece yet, so I don't know whether an alternate portrait will be offered or now.

I don't know if more Danger Girl PF's are coming or not at this time. Sorry.

For now the focus for J. Scott Campbell pieces is the Fairytale Fantasy line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
Hey Alex,

Can we expect more male X-Men characters outside of what has been announced to complement the ladies? Such as Cyclops, Beast, Nightcrawler, and dare I say, Gambit?
There are more male X-Men characters for the future. I'm not at liberty to disclose what characters they are of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.It's been a while since I last spoke to you, so I hope you are well.I just wanted to say congrats to you and everybody at Sideshow for a great show at SDCC this year!
Thank you so much! I hope all has been well with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Hello Alex.

SDCC 2018 is over, so what about NYCC 2018 ? Will Sideshow be there ?

Thank you for your answer
Sideshow will be at NYCC!

And for those attending I have an update regarding Juggernaut...he won't make it to the show I'm sad to say as he won't be ready in time. But he'll hopefully be done sometime in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Can you guys create statutes of the fantastic four now??
My understanding is characters are still off limits at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Hi Alex. Will Sideshow be tweaking GL John Stewart's left arm or construct before production? Right now it looks like he's an amputee from the elbow down.

A tweak will be occurring to the construct around his arm to get rid of the unfortunate cut off that occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinShin View Post
Hello Alex, i buy SS X-Men Prints will there be a Psylocke or X-23 art prints??? Thank you
I really don't know if there are Psylocke or X-23 art prints in the pipeline right now. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Hi SSALEX: is there any chance ss will tweak rogues portraits a bit? I’m sure you know why I ask from many fans. I think a small tweak will make her a lot better Judging from many replies on the forums.
No tweaks to the portrait are expected for Rogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoff View Post
Hi Alex, why would Sideshow not let Gem Mint Collectibles have affiliate status when they are clearly a successful Youtube channel who most likely push a lot of business their way?
Sorry, I'm not part of the affiliate team, so I cannot speak as to why an outlet would not be part of the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmonkey1 View Post
Hi Alex! Any idea when the melted Vader helmet will be up for pre order?
Are you speaking about the Hot Toys piece? If so I don't have any information regarding that item as it is not a Sideshow production piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKlaw View Post
Hi Alex,

Any insights into the recent price point of the Sideshow Doomsday? I have been along time collector and was excited for this piece only to be disappointed that the price is outside of my budget.

I would love to know how price points are agreed upon as $1250 for a 1/4 scale piece doesn't seem right to me.

Is sideshow ever concerned they will be pricing out their customers with their new pieces?
Pricing is all based upon costs to produce (from prototype to final production), licensing fees and so on. Costs continue to rise in the collecting industry. If pieces could be sold at lower price points they certainly would.

I remember when it cost me $10 or less to buy certain sized action figures in the early to mid 2000s and those same type/size actions figures are $20 ore more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan_gfx View Post
Hey Alex, is there a Iron Man Mark 50 (Infinity War armor) LSF in the pipeline? Legacy Effects Maquette?
Not that I'm aware of. Sorry.

Quote:
Hello Alex,

Both pieces are 1/4 scale. I'll pass along the recommendation. Hopefully the size comparisons added to sell pages as well as measurements will give people a good gauge of size for these pieces as well. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofa View Post
Hi Alex,

Is there any chance sideshow is gonna sell the invicta marvel watches?

Greetings Ronald.
I think that might be possible in the future, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
A piece of mine just got cancelled by sideshow it was on flex will I get my flex payments back?
Please reach out to our support team:

support@Sideshow.com
1-855-SIDESHOW

They will be able to answer any and all questions you have about orders, order cancellations, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex
Pretty quiet on the Star Wars PF lately.
1. Any chance SS will make ESB bounty hunters beyond Boba Fett PF? Bossk, Dengar, IG-88, 4-LOM and Zuckuss need the 1/4 treatment!

2. Any plans to make PFs from Solo? Would love to see young Solo PF and Enfys Nest PF!

3. Still would love to see a 1/4 Jabba the Hutt, Wicket and Wampa PFs. Can you please pass along to the powers-that-be to make them happen?
I'll certainly pass along your suggestions!

Bounty Hunters beyond Boba Fett in 1/4 Scale and Solo movie pieces are not in the pipeline at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I spotted this today on the Sideshow website"
Polystone - Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm. For exposures to both listed carcinogens and reproductive toxicants.

I remember someone on this board complaining about the smell that came from a broken statue, and asked is it safe to sleep in the same room as statues?

Seeing the Sideshow warning. I'm wondering, is it safe to sleep in the same room as statues?
I've been aware, after unboxing a new piece, the toxic smell of polystyrene, paint, possibly polystone fresh out the box. The fumes from my Prime 1 Harley Quinn took a good 3 days to clear from the room.
You should be more than fine having these pieces in the same living space that you dwell within.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote