Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #2821
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

All destroyed . I just hope the new piece shows up as nice paint wise as this one was. What can you do this is what sideshow wanted so...
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #2822
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
No I agree. This is a production issue, that's what's so frustrating. We've been here before.

This is my replacement piece after the first ones peg was so bent it wasn't possible to connect it to the base.

I'm keeping this one because I'm not willing to go through the lottery again. I'm going to put up with it being chipped because it's a fantastic looking piece. Thats the shame.
The amount of money your spending you should get a second replacement. Otherwise the value of your statue just took a hit with the chip.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #2823
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
You guys are confusing engineering with a production issue. The piece is engineered fine. Obviously a few of them had some issues with casting and the peg. That’s not engineering.

I’ve seen plenty of people have absolutely no issues with there’s. Mine literally drops into place when I line up the peg. Using everyone else’s logic I’d have to assume they’re all perfect because mine is.
Mine fit just fine.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #2824
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Broke my heart to do this

Cringe worthy stuff. No worries, his healing ability will do the rest. Hehe
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #2825
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ahahahhahahhaha. I f—ked this boys adamantium right up!!!
Old 08-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #2826
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Question to those who currently own the WOLVERINE PF STATUE:

1) Does he have a heavy year round tan? Mine came in brown like he put on a couple of coats of spray on tan (heavy amounts) and it looks odd seeing such a dark brown wolverine? Not even the BANE pf was this dark brown! I know Wolvie is not albino, but he's not Shin Akuma dark?

2) His left hand has a gap from where the glove is supposed to plug in. If you look at his right hand, it fits perfect, but the left hand-you can clearly see a minor gap...i wonder if others are like this or a mishap in the casting process?

3) In his exclusive, is his mask supposed to go down only halfway? Shouldn't the mask rest on his back since it's pulled off? Also his head feels wobbly compared to the regular portrait*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.png
Views:	39
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	116188   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	52
Size:	979.1 KB
ID:	116189   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	44
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	116190   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	57
Size:	1,010.8 KB
ID:	116191   Click image for larger version

Name:	wolvie skin.png
Views:	35
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	116192  

Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:07 PM   #2827
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post

1) Does he have a heavy year round tan? Mine came in brown like he put on a couple of coats of spray on tan (heavy amounts) and it looks odd seeing such a dark brown wolverine? Not even the BANE pf was this dark brown! I know Wolvie is not albino, but he's not Shin Akuma dark?

2) His left hand has a gap from where the glove is supposed to plug in. If you look at his right hand, it fits perfect, but the left hand-you can clearly see a minor gap...i wonder if others are like this or a mishap in the casting process?

3) In his exclusive, is his mask supposed to go down only halfway? Shouldn't the mask rest on his back since it's pulled off? Also his head feels wobbly compared to the regular portrait*
Mine has all but the glove gap.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:49 AM   #2828
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post

No. Mine doesn't look like a tan per se, as that would imply something warmer red and lightly brown-golden.
Mine looks like he got a deep tan and then covered himself in soot. It's looks like 40% grey over an already light brownish base.

I tried to take a pic, but the flash washes this aspect out and the end result is nothing like what I'm seeing in person.

The color choice is simply odd AF- and way worse than what happened with the original Red Sonja, IMO.

It is bizarrely dark, and , for me, really takes the shine off what is an outstanding sculpt.

The foot peg might end up being the straw that does it, but I almost feel like sending it back for this aspect. It verges on impossible for me to believe that this was what the production sample looked like that SS OK'd without modification.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #2829
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Well folks Sideshow approves of the replacement statue so now I’ll wait for new one fingers crossed
Old 08-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #2830
Y3E
Gen 13

It has been a week since I got it,I better unbox mine.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote